Chapter 2: Final Selection

It's been one year since Y/N had lost everything. Now, it was time for him to enter Final Selection after all of the training he put himself through. He was excited since it will be his chance to become a Demon Slayer and make the demons pay for what they have done to him. 

He entered and saw quite a few people there. Only a few stood out like the blonde haired and the red haired kid. But he didn't care about them. All that was on his mind was getting through this and becoming a Demon Slayer. 

He held his sword tightly and was ready for it. Upon entering, he is told by a white haired woman and black haired man how he must survive seven nights to officially become a part of the Demon Slayer Corps

Y/N understood and just wanted to get the exam started. He was just itching to pull out his sword and find a demon to kill. Eventually, everyone was told that they were allowed to begin and they now just have to survive seven days. 

Y/N bolted off and ran to anywhere he could find a demon. The boy was using all of the strength in his legs to allow himself to move through the forest as fast as he could. Hopping over fallen trees, ducking under branches, and pushing himself farther than he should. 

His eyes scanned the whole area until he saw something in the distance. He watched as a demon looked around in search of a human to eat. Y/N locked on and was ready to end the demon. He sprinted towards the man-feeding beast with pure rage in his eyes. 

"The number of people you have killed... I may not know it, but I WON'T LET YOU KILL ANYONE ELSE!!!!!!" Y/N screamed from the top of his lungs. 

He drew his sword and focused his breathing. The human was ready to show the demon his breathing style. The demon was ready for him to get close. He worked best at close range and knew that Y/N would have to be near him to cut his head off. 

"That's right, come at me," the black haired demon thought. 

"Rage Breathing!! First Form: Mad Judgement!!!!" Y/N yelled. 

His sword is covered in red energy and extends several feet. The demon was caught off caught since he never saw a Breathing Style like this before. "Wha- what the hell is this?!" 

Y/N swings his sword from a safe distance away and sliced a few trees down before coming at the demon. He ducks the attack but Y/N swings again and slices his head off. "AAAAAAAAH!!!! What... what the hell?" 

The demon disappears as Y/N continues to run off. He wasn't satisfied with that one kill. He wanted to kill even more demons to make them pay for the pain they have caused people in their past. 

He kept running and saw someone with their back against a tree and crying. A demon towered over them. "Finally, something I can eat. I haven't eaten anything in so... long..." 

The demon bangs his fangs and had his purple eyes on the crying him. He was about to devour her but Y/N runs in and throws a sidekick in the demon's rips. He slides across the ground and the girl ran off. 

The demon slowly picked himself up while saying "what the... what th-" 

The brown haired beast is kicked in the mouth and thrown against a tree. The next thing he knew, a sword was driven into his stomach. Blood drips out of his mouth as he looks up at the rageful slayer. 

"You were about to eat that girl," Y/N stated. 

"Y-yeah, I was," the demon retorted. 

Y/N places his foot on the handle of the sword and presses down and causes the sword to slice downward and cause the demon even more pain. The boy kept a straight face and a blank stare as the man-feeding beast screamed in pain. 

"Tell me why," Y/N demanded information. 

"What?" 

Y/N presses down even more on the sword. The demon screams once again and Y/N tells him again, but much more coldly, "tell. Me. Again." 

Tears come down the demon's face as he explains "because I haven't eaten anything in a long time alright. I just wanted something to eat!" 

Y/N takes his foot off the sword handle, grabs it with his hands, and brings it up to just under the demon's heart. "You haven't had anything to eat in a long time, huh?" Y/N questioned. "Good. Things like you should starve. Beasts like you bring nothing but harm and pain to others. The more you suffer, the happier I am." 

Y/N violently rips out the sword and cuts the demon's head off. As he slowly disappears, the demon thinks "this human. I've meant some ruthless demons before but him? He's... he's worse." 

With that, the demon was gone and Y/N continued his hunt. As he ran through the forest, he saw that red haired kid from earlier fighting a large mutated demon. He began to pull out his sword but before he could get it out, the boy ran across the demon's arm, lunged through its head, and managed to slice through its thick neck. 

"Damn, that kid is strong," Y/N thought. 

He watched as he saw a sad look on the boy's face. "He's.. sad?" the rageful boy questioned. "How?" 

Y/N chooses to ignore it and run off to find some more demons to kill. He wasn't going to stop until every demon in that forest was gone. He had a new promise that he wasn't going to break under any circumstance. 

Seven Days Later...

Y/N stands alongside a boy who looked like he had more angry than himself, the red haired boy who killed the mutated demon, the blonde haired boy, and a girl with her hair in a ponytail. He was but also wasn't surprised that they were the only ones left alive. 

"It's a sad sight to see, but it's something that we'll have to expect when you adopt the life as a Demon Slayer," Y/N thought. 

The black haired man and white haired woman look at them all and start explaining a bunch of stuff regarding being a Demon Slayer. Through their explanation, Genya becomes angry and wants his color-changing sword. 

"Enough of this bullshit!" he yelled while walking up to the white haired girl and grabbing her by the hair. "Give me that fucking sword!" 

The red haired boy named Tanjiro walks up to him and grabs his arm. "Let go of her or I'll break your arm!" he said. 

After their confrontation, they're allowed to pick an ore for their sword to be made out of. Y/N looked at each ore and thought about it. While he didn't know which was which, he followed his heart and picked one piece that seemed to be calling his name. 

Fifteen Days Later...

Y/N is relaxing in the woods focusing on his breathing until he hears someone shout out "Y/N!!" 

He turns his head and sees someone running towards him. Once the man reached him, Y/N asked "are you the one with my sword?" 

"Yes, I am," the sword bringer answered. 

He handed over the sword and Y/N unwrapped it. He held the color-changing sword in his hands and watch it become a fiery red color with a glowing effect. "Wow, that's amazing," the sword bringer said. 

"And fitting," Y/N retorted. 

The next thing that they both knew, Y/N's crow flew over them while saying "Y/N! You must go! Go far and stop the disappearance of random girls! Follow me and I'll lead the way!" 

Y/N looked at the sword bringer and said "you heard the bird. Time to test this thing out." 

"Good luck!" 

"I don't need luck." Y/N's sword glows brighter. "I got confidence." 

Word Count: 1355

Author: I hope that y'all enjoyed this chapter. It was longer than I thought it would be. The next one should be longer.

Anyway, that's it for me. I'll see ya in the next chapter!