Skara had trained constantly. She had made herself learn all manner of strategies to the point she could list them off of the top of her head. She could recite complex maneuvers from memory, and perform half of them with her eyes closed.

But that didn't matter one bit if Glandus never gave her the chance to actually do anything with that knowledge. All the theory and training in the world didn't matter when she didn't have any real experience in the match, and that was a weakness Glandus was exploiting to no end.

Angmar pumped his tiny fists in the air in celebration, while Gavin high fived Bria. "Great save, captain!"

"Oh, not as good as your little abomination trick! Sure kept your cheerleader busy, right Boschy?"

Boscha simply stood there, her hands balled into shaking fists that hung by her sides. Skara couldn't see her captain's face, but it was clear that she was just getting angrier and angrier with each score, and every word Bria said to her.

Preparing herself for another round of pain, Skara got herself onto her feet, and trudged towards her starting position. Thankfully though, the screeches of the claxons filled the air, and everyone stopped still.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE! IT APPEARS WE'VE REACHED HALF TIME, SO GET READY FOR THE BEAUTIFUL MELODIES OF THE HEXSIDE MARCHING BAND AND GRAB YOURSELF SOME ROTTEN CANDY, WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK WITH MORE OF THIS GRIPPING ACTION!"

"All of which is utterly irrelevant in the grand endless scheme of the eternal void."

"Wow, you must be a... a blast at parties, huh Wendil?"

"I forsee myself never being invited to parties."

Thank the Titan, Skara thought to herself with a sigh. Half time had arrived. Thirty minutes of not having the living tar beaten out of her.

As she looked to the stands, though, her heart sank. Sure enough, most of the Hexside students and parents were already out of their seats, grumbling to themselves. All the noises combined, and Skara couldn't make out individual sentences, but with keen hearing and a little imagination, she could make a pretty good guess what was being said.

Total failures.

Sixteen-nothing. Sixteen- Nothing !

So much for Hexside pride.

Skara sucks.

That last one, she had to bite her lip at. Though right now, what could she say against it? Another exhale came out, this one more a groan than a sigh.

She was brought out of her self pitying though by the angry stomping of cleats heading in her direction. And who else could it be, but Boscha herself, looking like she was about ready to murder something.

Preferably not Skara, but at this point...

"Boscha, I-"

"We are gonna spend half time planning out the best strategy this stupid schools ever seen." Boscha's voice interrupted Skara, an angry hiss mixed with a HeckHounds growl. It was... genuinely unnerving. "And then, we are going to use it to put Bria and her entire stupid team in the ground!"

"Um, s-sure." Skara nodded, anxious to not infuriate her captain any further. "Right, yeah, we uh - We can try that."

Cat raised a hand. "But, well, first... can we go grab something from the concessions? I uh... didn't have much to eat before, and some Rotcho's REALLY sound good right about now."