Fortieth Phase: The White Wolf

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I do.  This is me, remember?"  Dominic winked, and George giggled, beside herself.  "He may not be a big, bad alpha is in the bush, but he is clearly protective of you and has definitely laid claim to you.  Normal humans don't do that, and if they did, if he tried, I'm pretty sure you'd kick his ass just like you kicked mine."

"Damn straight I would."  George sank deeper into the floor, bogged down the heaviness of these new developments.  "Still, this is...this is crazy.  I don't even know what to say or what to do.  Let's say you're right.  Let's say that he's not completely human.  Then what is he exactly?"  As the next question flowed from her heart, fear clenched at her heart.  "And more importantly, does figuring it out put me in danger?"

------

"I feel the same way about Georgia," Julian admitted, settling back into the couch.  "I always have, since the moment I first laid eyes on her.  Or did you already forget that day I was all but drooling over her in front of you?

"No, I remember."  Liam nodded.  "I also distinctly remember you super close to biting my head off when I playfully threatened to call dibs."

"Just like I remember you telling me that girls make you want to do strange things you'd never want to do normally."  Liam blushed at Julian's smirk.  "I think it's safe to say that there's some flexibility needed with that phrase."

"I guess you'd be right."  Liam didn't seem unapologetic.  "Ever since I met Dominic, I've definitely wanted to do strange things..."

"Ah, you don't have to get into detail, I'll just take your word for it."  Julian had nothing but happy feelings for his friends, but sometimes were better left unsaid, this one included.  Even if Dominic is good-looking for a guy.  Not that I'm interested like that.  "As long as you're happy."

"I'm very happy."  Liam's face couldn't glow any brighter.  "I know you probably think I'm crazy, especially with what happened earlier, but believe me when I say that I've never felt this way before, man.  Hell, even I think it's all crazy, especially know what I know now.  But I can't help how I feel."

"So, it's that serious?"  The words seemed more appropriate than an outright "do you love him" question.

Liam nodded.  "Yes, it is.  I've been staying with him for over a week now.  I've only gone to the apartment once, to get some clothes.  I spend all my time with him now.  I'm not interesting in going with this girl or that friend anymore.  I just like being at his apartment, relaxing and just enjoying life."

Julian smiled.  "Sounds like how it is with Georgia and I.  I haven't been at the apartment much either.  I've been staying here since Sophie seems to spend all her time with Randouche now."

"Geez, is she still stalking you?  Forget the black hoodie bit, she sounds like a damn bunny boiler."

"But wait, it gets worse.  She got into it with Georgia last week and took a swung at her.  Knocked her into my bed and everything."

Liam's eyes bluged out.  "Are you serious?  Holy crap!"

"I'm quite serious.  Georgia is a feisty one, though.  I don't know how she did it, but she managed to get position herself behind Sophie and nearly twisted her arm out of her socket."

"Damn.  Wish I could have seen that."

"Yeah, it was quite the show.  More amazing was how after all was said and done, she barely had a scratch on her.  She could have very well broken Sophie's arm with the way she was going."  Julian shook his head.  "She must have taken a self-defense class or something, she's definitely able to take care of herself.  Between Sophie and now Dominic, it's probably in my best interest not to piss her off..."