Chapter 26: Reunions And New Faces

Start from the beginning

As Izuku smiled at the sight, hearing everyone's collective cheers, he felt a tap on his shoulder. Turning around, he was surprised to have to look up to meet the person's gaze, as he had once again laid eyes on the black-haired woman he saw outside.

"Seems like we both got left out huh?" She asked sheepishly, rubbing her neck.

Izuku was mesmerised for a second... or two. Her skin was flawlessly radiant, her eyes and hair contrasting so well, and her stance and demeanour drew him in. Instantly, he was drawn to her eyes, not even wanting to examine the rest of her body, although that's not to say he wasn't tempted. However, he knew better than to stand there like an idiot for too much longer and quickly responded.

"Y-yeah, well, what are you gonna d-do?" He asked back, tripping over his words, and feeling his cheeks go slightly red.

"I guess I'll talk to the lonely guy in front of me then" She replied suavely, smirking slightly, as she quickly eyed up Izuku, surprised that he was acting so... oblivious. Almost as if he wasn't acting.

"You know people usually say their names at a time like this? I think it's called socialising" She teased, wanting to play this out.

"Well clearly you haven't socialised that much, because you're the one that approached me, so I think I should get your name first" Izuku confidently responded, regaining his composure.

"But I asked first, you're not going to turn down a lady's request, now are you?" She asked rhetorically, putting on a slightly posh voice in accordance with her speech.

"Ah, that's very true Madame. My moniker is Izuku Midoriya, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. May I ask for your name?" He replied, his over-the-top tone causing the beautiful black-haired woman in front of him to chuckle, something that affected him as well, as his hushed laughter almost caused him to break character.

"Shouldn't you already be aware of my title?" She replied, able to keep herself in character, for now at least, as she was surprised that he still seemed to be oblivious.

"If you had a title, you wouldn't be talking to a commoner like me" Izuku replied, this time in his normal voice, hoping that the juxtaposition would work in his favour. 

And work in his favour it did, as the next thing he saw was a smile that could cure world hunger and a laugh that felt like it was composed by an angel.

"You're funny, Midoriya," Momo stated, trying to stop herself from giggling, as she calmed down and took a deep breath, "I'm Momo Yaoyorozu. It's nice to meet you." She said, looking to see his reaction. 

"Nice to meet you as well Yaoyorozu." Izuku replied, that name feeling familiar, but he couldn't tell why. 

"So, what do you think of the Uni so far?" Momo asked, pleasantly surprised that Izuku was also surprised.

"It looks incredible! I mean this room for just twenty people shows that they either think way too highly of us, or they've just got money to spend." Izuku answered, his childlike behaviour causing Momo to chuckle.

"I think it's a bit of both, but I'm not complaining. So, are you going to be living in one of the student accommodations?" She asked, her tone slightly hopeful.

"No, I'm living at home with a roommate. I assume you're staying here then?" He replied, able to pick up on the subtleties of her voice. 

"Someone's perceptive~," Momo said, somehow complimenting Izuku and bantering with him at the same time, "But yes, I'm staying here, as my home's quite far away from here, and it's far too inconvenient for me to stay there anyways." She explained.