Thirty Eight: Unless the Word that You Heard Is a Word that You Said.....

Start from the beginning

Jean Ford, Isaline's paternal grandmother shoved Adrian's hand away, and pulled him into her arms, patting his back roughly, "It's nice to meet you son, thank you." She said happily, pressing a kiss to his cheek before looking back to Isaline.

Jean Ford was seventy two years old-younger than Adrian- with a few wrinkles that seemed to define her beauty even more. She was five feet and nine inches tall, to her husband Michael's six one with curves that showed she had children-six of them, Isaline's father Keith being the youngest. Jean's eyes caught everything, and she had a special bond with Isaline, being only one of the two female grandchildren, and the only living one- Terrie had got in with drugs and the wrong group when she was twenty, and ended up dying at a drive-by shooting that happened at the house she frequented at for her drugs, which left Isa, the only female out of fifteen grandbabies, so when that all-too-knowing look entered Jean Denae Ford's gaze, Isa let out a loud sigh, knowing that the woman already knew.

"Well I'll be damned," Jean whistled, her eyes wide as she rested her hand on Isa's stomach, "My baby's having a baby."

Adrian's confused voice entered the conversation, "How'd you know that, Mrs. Ford?"

Jean's eyebrow rose at Adrian as she patted his hand, "I know my babies, young man-all fifteen of 'em. My Sweetie Pie is glowing, and now that I can feel it, she's got a little pudge, too. How far along?"

"Nine weeks," Both Isa and Adrian replied, glancing at each other before Isa spoke again, "Don't tell anyone else, Nana, please. We're telling them today."

Jean nodded, pressing her lips to Isa's nose, "Fine, baby girl.  Where's the ring?"

That question was asked seriously, and directed at Adrian who gave Isa's Nana one of his half smiles, "I have a feeling she won't take a ring from me yet, but don't worry. She'll have one soon."

Adrian seemed proud of that and from the wide smile that her Nana gave him, Isaline knew that he had just made it past the toughest member of the family with no issues.

Isa could only frown as Adrian gripped one hand, her Nana the other, and she was pulled into the house, and greeted everyone.

After meeting Isa's grandfather, Ronald Ford Senior, Adrian set about to meet everyone in the family with his arm wrapped possessively around Isa's waist.

He remembered every name he learned, and had conversations with all of her aunts, uncles, and cousins before the men dragged him to the living room to watch whatever sports were on. Adrian fit in perfectly.

Once it was times for plates to be made, Isa had to put down her sweet nephew, who willingly went to Adrian, and followed the women into the kitchen, making a plate for her man, then herself, and sitting down between he and Matthias to eat.

"Matty," Isa called her eldest brother around a mouthful of dressing, "C-Can you get me some more dressing?"

Matthias only rolled his eyes, shoveling more food into his mouth, "You better ask your man, little girl. That is no longer my job,"

Isa turned to Adrian with pleading eyes, letting out a sigh of more relief than an extra serving of dressing should warrant as she watched him take his plate to put her extras on.

It was Grampa Ronny who chuckled at Isa, "You've got that boy wrapped around your finger, Sweet Pea." He laughed, smiling as Isa grinned at her grandfather cheekily, listening to Matty and one of her cousins, Daniel talk about Daniel's old car that he was fixing up from scratch before losing interest quickly, perking up when Adrian returned, handing her his plate as he relaxed back onto the couch, letting Isa eat her food before taking it back.