My Abusive Brother - 16

November 17, 2013 5:30 Pm

It's been 2 hours since Karu and I arrived at her house. We've studied math, Social Studies, Language and Science, Now all we had to do was Quiz ourselves, We study kind of different from the other classmates. Karu held up a card that had 12 times 12 on it. It was a little too easy for a seventh grader, but we liked to start easy and get harder. "What's 12 times 12?" She asked. I immediately answered. "it's 144." i answered as i laid down on her bed upside down with my head hanging inches above the ground. "Good." She said placing the card on the binder then held up another. All of the subjects were mixed together so she could pull any randomly. "Which type of trade restriction is paid for by the consumers of the product?" She asked. This was a social studies question. "um..." I said sitting up. "Is it... Embargo?" I asked unsure of the correct answer. She turned the card around shaking her head. "The answer was Tariff." She told me. I felt stupid at the moment, but hey, it's the reason why we're studying. She then held up another card. "What is one fact about china?" It said. I thought for a minute. "Um... Oh yeah! China is one of the oldest and greatest civilizations in the world, with a written history dating 3,500 years." I told her. She stared at me shocked hearing my answer. "What?..." I asked her quietly. She blinked a couple of times shaking her head. "Nothing, Nothing.."

She held up another card that said. "Definition of Summarize?" Typical language question, for writing that is. "The Definition is that, it tells you to present the main points about something in a brief form." I told her. She nodded putting the card next to the other one. She then pulled up the next and last card. "What is a wetland?" She said. "Oh, that one is easy!" I exclaimed. "A wetland, is an area of land that is filled or covered with water for at least part of the year." I told her. She smiled a bit placing the card next to the others then giggled. "Im proud of you." She said. I smiled back slightly. "Thanks, im proud of myself also." I told her looking at the time. "It's.... 9:49... i have to go.." I told her quietly. her smile faded into a sad expression then back into a happy one with a bright award winning smile. it's amazing how they changed so quickly. "Okay, it's okay. ~ I'll see you tomorrow at school." She said softly getting up to hug me. I hugged back gently. "Alright.. see you tomorrow... Hopefully.."

Seiko's POV

Where is she... It's about to be 10:00. She should've been here by now. I sat down on the couch waiting turning the channels until i found The Vampire Diaries. I love this show. It was about to turn 10:00 when Memuku walked inside closing the door behind herself. "Ah... Memu... Come on in... Have a seat.. Let's talk for a minute." I told her turning the T.v. Down as i looked at her smiling slightly. It was more of a smirk then a slight smile. she walked over to me slowly and sat down a couple of inches away from me keeping her distance. "About what?" She asked. "Well, Well, About what hm?... About what..." I said chuckling a bit. "Ah... Let's talk about.. when you slapped me." I said hearing her gulp. "Now, why'd you do it, Memu?" I asked her continuing to turn the t.v. down so that there wouldn't be any distractions, i eventually turned it off. "Um..." she said quietly. That wasn't a good enough answer. "I need an english answer Memu." I told her. She looked over at me with a scared expression.

Then sighed as she scooted a few more inches away. "Well... i was confused and scared at the moment. and didn't know what to do at the moment. i was confused..." She told me quietly making me concerned. "Confused and scared of..?" i asked her. She looked down at her hands letting out a shaky breath. "Memu..." I said quietly. She then looked up. "Of You.."