He was surprised by the prince's nature. He was soft spoken unlike the other times when he had been loud and rough with his words. He boasted a lot , about his achievements, skills and most of all, his wealth. It was almost as though he was trying impress and woo Seokjin with the materialistic things he had to offer which was not what the omega was looking for.

What also irked Seokjin was the fact that the price kept on complimenting his beauty. Don't get him wrong, he was used to it but the way the prince talked about him was..... creepy. He talked about his soft hands and how the hanbok perfectly traced his curves. Seokjin freaked out when the prince caught hold of his hand, refusing to let go until they walked back into the house, even when Seokjin said that he was uncomfortable.

He even placed his hand on his waist, suddenly pulling him closer when Seokjin tried to pry it off by creating some distance between them. His heartbeat was ringing in his ears, panic surging through his body. 

When he couldn't bare it longer, he pushed the man away, letting the prince know that his actions were making him uncomfortable. The prince, to his disgust, laughed it off saying it was only a matter of time, when they would be getting married. "Does he think that I will marry him just because he's a prince??".

Seokjin realized that his behavior in front of his parents was just an act. Behind the mask stood a disgustingly proud and rude prince who behaved like spoiled child. His achievements were impressive but Seokjin would have considered thinking about his offer of marriage if he hadn't been so rude and invasive of his personal space. He regretted that even for a moment or so, he had thought of accepting his offer. Perhaps he was too rushed in judging the prince.

Before leaving the prince tried to bribe his father by promising him expensive gifts and trade opportunities he would be provided if Seokjin married to him. When the time to leave came, instead of asking him, the prince turned to his father, "Will you be kind enough to give me your son's hand in marriage?". His father smiled in response. "I appreciate you asking me your highness but my son will choose his life partner himself". The prince seemed taken aback, clearly not expecting it.

Seokjin took a deep breath, preparing to deliver his thoughts and decisions, making sure to choose the words which would lessen the blow because he was sure the prince was not going to like it. "Forgive me your highness but I do not think we are compatible. Our personalities are clearly different from each other's and I believe this would create a lot of problems in the marriage. I also deem myself unfit for the title of the queen. We are simply not made for each other and instead of being each other's supporter, this stark differences in our personalities will only cause more problems and unhappiness", he answered.

The king understood and did not show an extreme reaction. He acknowledged Seokjin's decision with a nod and a small smile. "Although I would have loved to have you as my son-in-law, I respect your decision Seokjin". 

"Thank you for having tonight Noble Kim, we had a wonderful time", saying so he stood up, the prince following him. Seokjin heaved a sigh of relief.

The prince suddenly spoke up, "Are you sure about your decision? Do you really want to lose the chance of becoming a queen and harness so much power and wealth?". He had dropped his act, talking roughly. 

"Yes your highness", the omega confirmed. The prince narrowed his eyes, forehead creasing in annoyance. "Well that was unexpected. I wonder if this is the only reason....." he said, a glint in his eyes. Seokjin instantly looked up, heart picking up pace again. 

"Yes your highness", he stuttered nervously, worried about the fact that it might cause his father to inquire about it.

The king gave his son a disapproving look but did not intervene.