𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑂𝑛𝑒

Start from the beginning

I woke up to violent shaking. My eyes quickly shot open looking around. luckily it wasn't anything too dangerous, just two adorable kids. I smiled at the two of them who were sitting basically on top of the two of us.
I looked to my left to see amy stirring in her sleep before her eyes slowly slid open. she giggled and looked at the kids before bringing her hands up to both of them and tickling their stomachs. they both laughed in complete hysterics. I turned back over to her propping myself up on my arm.
"migraine gone?" I asked softly in case it was still there.
"yup," she said with a soft smile. she gave the three of us one last look before turning out of the RV
"what are you doing just waking up?" A voice said from the RV door. I snapped my head over to see Lori standing in the doorway.
"Nothing," I said waving her off.
"what's up?" I asked standing up, making the kids lightly tumble back onto the bed which they found hilarious.
"if you know your way around a pair of scissors then I would like your help giving the kids haircuts," she said gesturing to the kids behind me. I turned around to see them giving me the biggest puppy eyes I've ever seen.
"I was gonna say yes anyways dorks" I joked ticketing them both just as amy had done moments before. I turned around and walked past Lori, and out of the RV, everyone else following shortly behind me.

"oh shoot I forgot the other pair of scissors in my tent, give me a minute," Lori said quickly, lightly jogging over to her tent. I sighed and sat down in the space that carl and Sophia had sat around. I looked at both of them, they were both surrounding a piece of paper, making huge exaggerations with their hands, I wasn't even sure what they were talking about but it was always so entertaining to see innocent minds play.
"and then sadie can be the one who saves the day!" Sophia exasperated, looking back at me. carl did the same. with all eyes, on me, I was quite confused.
"uhh. what?" I questioned. Sophia giggled and showed me the paper they were surrounding. it was a drawing of the three of us, beating up a group of infected. I was in the middle because I'm the one who delivers the final blow.
"oh my god I love it," I said taking the drawing in both of my hands. Sophia blushed slightly.
"you can keep it if you want!" she exclaimed. I brought the drawing to my chest.
"I'll never lose it," I said softly. I folded up the drawing and placed it in the back folder of my wallet. My fingers bushed past the photo of my dad holding me when I was a baby, It was a sweet photo. he had a copy in his wallet as well. I've always been super close with my father since my mother passed away during my birth. my parents weren't super close, having broken up a couple of months before she found out she was pregnant. ever since then, my dad feels like it was his job to be both parents.

I peered my head over to the group of tents. Lori should be back by now. I slowly stand up and make my way over to the tents, but before I can walk in someone else beats me to it. my dad.
and next thing I know Lori gives my dad a small kiss, that quickly leads to a longer one once he catches her lips again. what the fuck.
I try to walk backward in order not to draw too much attention and not get caught in this embarrassing moment but as if I was in a goddamn horror movie, I bump into carl. sending both of us to the ground. both adults turn and look at us. and just like me and carl, both of them look incredibly embarrassed.
"shit, mercy, carl I-" my dad starts but I place a hand in the air to cut him off. I stand up quickly.
"it's fine, just- Lori did you find the scissors?" I asked placing my hand out. Lori awkwardly reaches in her back pocket and pulls out a pair of scissors and placed them on my palm.
"Thanks," I said quickly, taking carls hand and walking back to Sophia.

I took a seat down where I had sat before, Sophia quickly crawled over and sat in between my knees. I wet her hair a little bit before cutting, I made sure that it was long enough to keep her ears warm but short enough to not get caught on anything. I also made sure none of her hair fell down the back of her shirt.
Lori can back a little bit later and began doing the same to carl, trimming his hair just a bit. dad walked over and engaged in some small talk with them about his famous frog legs and how much carl will miss haircuts.