Dreams and Demons

Freya and Rose Pov

      Freya shut the tent behind her. Taking a deep breath she ran her hands through her hair trying to gain composure. She glanced at the carriage where Sylvie lay. She had reapplied the last bit of the healing remedy on Sylvie before she checked on Delgan. So she would be alright for the travel. Closing her eyes for a moment she eased her thoughts. 'Stay focused Freya, I need to wake up Rose and take Syl to the kingdom' her thoughts reminded herself. Opening her eyes again she nodded to herself in agreement before turning to Rose's tent.

    Inside lay Rose. She had sweat coming down her forehead, and she was mumbling in distress. "Let me go" she whimpered. Freya leaned in closer. Rose's voice was so small, so scared. Freya had never heard it so tiny before. Rose shuttered as her breathing quickened. "Old man... please, come back" she pleads with her dreams. It broke Freya's heart to hear Rose so desperate. "R-rose?" she tried. Rose went still. Freya couldn't even tell if she was breathing anymore. She reached out to her but hesitated remembering her encounter with Malikai.

     Taking a step back Freya called upon her earth magic. The vines gently slid through the ground underneath Rose and carefully shook her awake. "Rose?" Freya called out. Instantly Rose snapped her eyes open, dagger in hand, and sliced at the air. "Get off!" she yelled at nothing breathlessly. Her eyes flashed a bright orange before returning to normal. Freya stood quietly in the corner waiting for Rose to calm down. Blinking her defensive thoughts away, Rose's eyes fell on Freya in the corner. "... Freya? Where's Delgan? Is everything ok?" Rose asked in between breaths. Freya chuckled. "Everything is fine. How about you put that away. Cool?" she motioned at the dagger Rose still firmly grasped. She looks down at the small blade. "Oh, sorry about that" she apologized as she put the dagger away. Freya sighed. "It's alright, I'm just glad I used my vines to wake you up instead" she smirked. Rose grinned.

     Rose wiped away the beads of sweat on her forehead, wishing she could wipe the dream away just as easily. "Wanna talk about it?" Freya simply asked. She took Rose's silence as an answer. With a nod, she headed for the exit. "Well get your barrings, It's time to head off" Freya instructed as she exited the tent leaving Rose alone. Rose leaned forward and looked at her hands. There was nothing there nor did she expect anything to be. It was what was beneath the surface. What traveled through her veins and clouded her thoughts every now and again is what unsettled her. She hated that she was still haunted by these dreams. Like having a scar you can't see. "When will I be rid of this" Rose questioned the empty tent. She balled her fist at the silence. It was always so quiet, this thing inside her. Waiting for her to slip up, waiting for her to crack. 'Algamaan' her thought reminded her. Its name echoed through her. She could swear the heat inside her bubbled at the thought of the name. But she couldn't tell if it was coming from herself, or from something else inside her. She looked again at her empty palms. "Algamaan?" she called out. A wave of heat flowed through her once again but was silent. In anger, she squeezed her fist in protest. "No, I have the control, and you will never win" she promised. From within her, Rose swore she heard a demonic scoff. "We shall see" was all it said before retreating back inside her. The heat simmered, and once again Rose was alone.