Taking A Moment

Freya's Pov

      As the carriage comes to a stop Freya opens the door and takes a step out. The sun setting in the distance shines brightly and dims as it gets swallowed by the darkness as it nears nightfall giving the stars their time to shine. She takes a deep breath as the cool wind brushes against her skin sending shivers down her body and relaxing her mind. 'Almost reminds me of home' Freya thought to herself as movement from the carriage turns her attention to behind her. "I won't be needing assistance" Freya announced moving towards the part of the carriage that held Sylvie. Malikai follows behind her. "Come on gorgeous, I know how heartbreaking it is to be without me" He replied. "In your dreams moron" Freya retorted looking at her sister's unconscious body. Guilt waved through her. Sylvie was soaked in sweat. Beads of it ran down her face and she was breathing roughly like she was fighting against something. 'Or someone?' Freya thought to herself as she pulled the healing remedy out of the satchel she carried. Quickly opening the bottle, she placed the cream on her hands and then called upon her earthly magic to activate the remedy. As she placed her hands on Sylvie's body, a sharp pain shoots through her body instantly. "Shi-" Freya cursed quietly. "Everything okay?" Malikai questioned curiously, his head tilted to the side. "Mhmm, yea just a little weak from the battles" Freya coughed as she rubbed the cream into her sister's skin moving her magic through her body.

     Sylvie's face scrunches as the darkness inside her silences and retreats. Her body relaxes and she takes a deep breath as she eases into a peaceful state. Freya looks over her sister's body. "This is just the beginning" Lilith's voices echoes in her mind, and the worry in her mind begins to grow. "Don't doubt Vie, she's the strongest person I know" Malikai said confidently instantly quieting Freya's worries. "And the best person I know" he quietly adds moving next to Sylvie giving her hand a squeeze. "Was she always in pain?" Freya mumbles afraid of the answer. "This girl? Hell no! She fought long and hard, gave any and everyone trouble... Hell, you should've seen the number of people she took out before they separated us" Malikai chuckles at the thought. He reaches for Freya's hand and intertwines their fingers together. "She's a fighter... like you" He adds smoothly. His eyes pierced hers sending her heart racing and making her mouth go dry. She licks her lips as she looks at his. 'No, Nope I'm good' Freya commands herself. She moves and turns away from Malikai causing a smirk to form on his lips. He leans down and whispers into Freya's ear.

     "I take your breath away? Don't I gorgeous?" he chuckles. "Get over yourself" Freya snapped angrily, but the redness in her cheeks told another story. "Mhm, then why is your face getting all flushed?" he teased. Freya turned away. "Because it's cold and I'm tired" she insisted. Malikai chuckled. "Sure gorgeous, sure" he looked at the shining stars. "But your right, it's late, and we all should set up camp" he added. Freya turned, teeth gritted. "What? No, we have to get to the kingdom to save my sister. We have no time to lose." she said through her teeth. "Easy now, I care about Sylvie too. You did a damn good job taking care of her, but now you need someone to look after you. I can see those tired eyes just as easily as I can see those blushing cheeks, you need real rest." he instructed with a suggestive smirk. Freya was taken aback. She glanced at Sylvie from behind Malikai. She was calm. Freya's tired cooped-up muscles begged her to agree. So with a nod she turned on her heels and walked over to Rose and Delgan. After a few steps, she called from over her shoulder. "And I don't need anyone to take care of me" she scoffed. Malikai chuckled and followed behind her. "Sure gorgeous, sure".

     With a final look at Sylvie, Freya and Malikai made their way back. The two hunters greet them with nods. "So how is she? Still resting?" Rose asked. Freya nodded. "The healing cream should last another day, I have enough for one more reapply just in case. That should give us time to rest up for the night and still make it to the kingdom" she explains. Delgan's brow furrows. "What do you mean rest up for the night? We don't have time to waste. We must report our mission" he demanded. Malikai cocked his head at Delgan's exclaim. "Dude, the bags under your eyes are darker than the actual night sky. You clearly need rest. What, you're gonna stay up for days straight, meet the king and pass out at his feet? 'Yes my lord, this is the information on the lich. We went into the catacombs and w...' zzz" he pretends to drift off to sleep in the middle of his sentence. Delgan rolled his eyes and went to protest, but Freya cut him off. "Listen, nothing matters more to me than my sister, if I'm saying it's okay to take time to stop and rest then obviously we will be fine. We have two tents we can use. Let's just camp for a few hours and get back on the road. We don't know if this is all over yet.." she looks over to Sylvie and back at Delgan. "We might need our strength" she finished. Rose nodded in agreement. "She's right, we don't know what is awaiting us in Phieross" she added. Freya turned to Rose. "Phieross? What is Phieross? I thought we were going to Lynxfell" she questioned. "Lynxfell is the name of the entire kingdom. Phieross is the name of the large village where the king's castle resides. Like its capital." Rose answered. "We still have a day's journey ahead of us. We should definitely rest" she finished. With a sigh, Delgan pushed passed Malikai and Freya to the back of the carriage. Noticing no one else moving, he waved his hand in expectantly. "Well are you going to help me set up or not?" he questioned. Everyone shook their heads and got to work.