Setting Up Camp

Group Pov

      After Rose started the fire with her flames, the group took a step back to admire their work. The two tents sat in front of the warm fire and held two separate bedrolls. It was quaint, but perfect for a quick rest. Malikai came in between Rose and Freya with a slight smirk on his lips. "So ladies... which one of you is going to be my snuggle buddy" he teased. With obvious flirtation, Malikai stretched his arms and went to rest them on the two girl's shoulders. He successfully wrapped around Freya, but Rose shoved his hand away before it could land on her. "Not on your life pervert" she snickered and went to claim her own tent. Disappearing into one, Malikai watched her leave as he leaned into Freya. "You think that was an invitation?" he joked. Freya swung his arm from around her, brows pulled together. "You really do have a dark, death wish don't you?" she asked half-seriously. His grin deepened.

      "Who says the darkness can't be fun. If it eventually awards me death..." he looks off into the distance for a moment and then back at Freya, "well, at least I'd die with a smile on my face" he finished with an ominous smirk for added inferences. Freya studied his hidden meaning, but before she could guess what his face really meant, he changed it back to his coy grin. Looking at Delgan he added. "Besides, I can't do my man Delgan like that. He's got first dibs." he chuckles at Delgan's glare. He took a step towards Malikai as he put his hands up in amused defeat. "Oh come on, I'm just saying, anyone with eyes can see you're in l-" Delgan unsheathed his steel blade and used it threateningly, cutting him off. "I noticed that little scar on your neck. I wondered how you got it, but the more you run your mouth I'm beginning to fully understand" he spat. Malikai's grin widened into a smile. "Someone's a little sensitive" he mused. Rose exited the tent hearing all the commotion. "Hey you two, stop acting like children. We don't know what's in these woods and we need to focus on protecting each other and not killing each other," she instructed. Delgan, still glaring at Malikai, lowered his weapon. With a stretch of his neck, Malikai's grin lowered into a smirk. Delgan rolled his eyes and turned to Rose. "I'll take the first watch," he stated plainly as he walked over to a fallen log.

    Rose followed behind him noticing Delgan stretching and yawning. "Hey, I can take the first watch" She offered. Delgan went to protest, but Rose insisted. "Get over yourself and get in the tent. You need rest" she demanded. Delgan's heavy eyes made his choice for him. With a nod, he headed for the tent as Rose took over the log post. "I'll come in there after a few hours and tag you in" she promised. "Ooo, Can you tag me in Rose? I wanna be all up in tha-" Malikai started to tease but gets yanked away by Freya's vines. They dragged his chuckling muffles behind her as she went to the empty tent. Delgan rolled his eyes as he climbed into the tent. Rose nodded at Freya as she walked away to go stand guard.

      Finally entering the tent, Freya returned her vines to the ground. Laughing, Malikai sprawled on the bedroll. "I knew you wanted me all to yourself gorgeous, come on then, snuggle up" he teased with his arms outstretched in invitation. Freya cleared her throat and went to lay on the other bedroll. Malikai turned to the side and leaned on his elbow to look at her. "I love a little foreplay" he chuckled. His fingers tip-toed over to her bedroll as he spoke. She felt her cheeks redden again but swiped him away. "Do you ever take anything seriously?" she questioned. She searched her mind for any memories of him not playing around as she scanned his face. Her eyes landing on his scar brought her mind to the vision of him and Sylvie. 'That's all you got? You even killed me like a bitch' he joked in the memory. 'Even in death, this guy doesn't stop playing around' her thoughts reminded her.

     As if he read her mind he chuckled a moment. "Everyone is always trying to make me be something. Serious, less charming, less irresistible..." he smirked at her as she rolled her eyes before resting on his back, looking away from her. "... A soldier, a leader, ... a killer" he continued. Freya's brows pulled together as she listened to him for once not joking.

     "I left home on my 18th birthday, my parents and I didn't agree on certain things and ideas on what I should do with my life. So I booked it out of there and never turned back...but let's not get into that too much" He chuckles and continues. "You know, it was fun at first being on my own, but then it got lonely after a while. So I thought why not do some good and join the military to help out the people in need" he goes quiet as a flash of sadness crosses his face. "Man was I wrong about that... Our commander at the time was a complete ass. I hated everything about him, but I couldn't go against him. Not without losing my life" Malikai mumbles. "I've done a lot of horrible things and killed a lot of innocent people. I'll never be able to take it back, but it got me to Vie. And believe me, she was not the easiest person to get along with at first" he chuckled. Freya's eyes widened. "Really? Why?" she couldn't help but ask. He smirked at his memories.

     "Much like you, she didn't trust easily. Just like you, the tension between us was fierce. Well except that her built-up tension was purely an aggressive defense... and yours is clearly sexual" He burst out into laughter at Freya's jaw-dropping expression. "Haha, only joking gorgeous... but anyway, eventually she warmed up to me. I mean after all those years of me guarding her it was bound to happen. I am quite the charmer." he mused. Freya rolled her eyes but then caught something he said. Sitting up abruptly she grabbed her bag and shuffled through it. Malikai sat up as well and rubbed his hands together. "Finally getting started are we" he teases suggestively. Freya glared at him before straightening the paper she pulled out of her bag. Skimming over the back she read it out loud. "Subject 321's personal guard, M-" she looked at Malikai. "M? Malikai? This is about you" she deduced. Malikai simply shrugged. "Fate is an interesting game the gods play with isn't it" he mused. Freya looked at the note and back at Malikai. "So, you've really been there with her all these years. Helping her, protecting her..." She asked with a slight smile. Malikai frowned a moment before turning away, laying with his back turned. "Have to make up for my mistakes some way or another" he muttered. Freya tilted her head to the side. "What mistakes?" she asked his back. After a moment of silence, he finally responded. "That's enough for today, next time gorgeous" he whispered. And said nothing else the rest of the night. Freya laid back on the bedroll and drifted off with all this new information swirling in her head.