A Long Journey Home

Group Pov

     As the group sets off back to the kingdom, the villagers wave farewell to them. Freya's eyes scan the crowd as the carriage moves through the village. A warm smile falls on her face as her gaze lands on the little girl from before. Her eyes beamed with newfound hope and her smile shined in appreciation. With a slight raise of her hand, Freya waved goodbye. She could still feel the slight surge of dark magic shooting in her arm, but it was becoming bearable. 'It's just filtering the dark magic out' her thoughts reassured her. She sighed in acceptance although Lilith's words still rang in her memory. "This is only the beginning" she had said. Freya turned to glance at Sylvie in the back. She laid still, breathing evenly as sweat beat her forehead. 'The healing remedy should last a while' she noted. With a sigh, Freya turned to face forward. She lightly gripped the small satchel she found from the merchant wagon. Feeling Sylvie's healing cream she formulated from the herbs, Freya relaxed a little. Sylvie was alright for now, but she wanted to be ready. With another sigh, Freya looked out to the lengthy dirt path ahead of them.

       The journey to the kingdom was a long one. It would take a total of two days before they arrived, and they were only halfway there. Freya shuffles around in her seat trying to get comfortable. "Ughh" she groans. "My back is killing me" Freya adds trying to reposition herself again. "You can always take a seat in my lap," Malikai says motioning to his lap. "It's warm, comfy, and comes with a full body massage, free of charge" he adds with a teasing grin. Freya's turned away feeling her cheeks warm at the offer. "Well, that's an interesting way of asking to be executed?" Rose interjected. Malikai snickers, "if by executed you mean finished, then I'm down," he says in a coy tone. Rose wickedly smirks as she holds her hand in front of her. "Ok, well done... or burnt to a crisp," she asked, instantly her hand burst into flames.

      "Damn your a feisty one" Malikai chuckles. A smirk forms on his face as he reaches out to touch her flames getting burned instantly. 'Fuck! I didn't think that would actually hurt" Malikai yelped. He viciously shook his hand trying to rid the sting he felt. Rose shook her head in amusement before her flames faded away. "Consider that your warning" Rose taunted. She looked to Freya taking notice she hadn't interjected like normally. She studies her, watching the uneasy look on her face as she stares off into the distance practically in her own little world. 'What are you so worried bout?' Rose thought to herself. "Why in the hell can I smell fire back there? I swear to everything holy I will turn this carriage around!" Delgan shouted from the front of the carriage pulling Rose and Freya out of their own thoughts. "Oh hush up, we're just having a little fun back here, no need to get grumpy Grandpa" Rose teased knowing Delgan hated the nickname she gave him. "Can't you guys just behave until we get to the kingdom?" Delgan groaned as he stretches his body adjusting himself in his seat. "Where's the fun in that? Such a buzz kill" Rose scoffed and continued, "But if you insist... I could use a meal." Delgan grumbles, "I swear to gods Rosali-" Delgan starts to say but is interrupted "You guys are the literal definition of a married couple," Freya says annoyed by their conversation. After a moment, Malikai breaks the silence. "This is taking forever! Dad, are we there yet?" he jokingly pouts. "Oh for the love of Gods" Delgan groans. "Look let's just take a break. It would be a good time to check on Sylvie's condition" Freya says apologetically hearing the frustration in Delgans voice.