Chapter 1 ~~

Ignore that it says dad in the picture.

* 4 years after the prologue *

" Boun commpleanno, boun commpleanno, boun Commpleanno Carter, boun commpleanno!( happy birthday song )" my brother sang to me as he ran over to my bed with a balloon, which then popped in my face.

" May I help you my fratello ( brother )" I ask Kayden curiously," Io sono solo sedici anni Kayden( in only 16 , Kayden)"

" Only 16? Only 16? Isn't every girl excited about her 16th birthday? Speaking of which, why is your hair blue. I'm gone for one day and too much stuff happens," he questions me as he looks and my newly died hair." How much was that?"

" Kayden, I bought it at Target for, like, 10 bucks, okay," I tell him. He nods his head in understanding a picks up a box and hands it to me

Inside the bow, a chalk board and a bunch of my favorite snacks were located on the board. I instantly crush my brother in a hug and mess up his hair.

" Grazie fratello( thanks brother ), but how much was all of this?" I ask while looking at all the candy and other things.

" The perks of working at Walmart, now, don't worry about the price, I knew you needed a chalkboard for the apartment, so I got some more chalk for you too," Kayden replies, a little too peppy.

I give him one more hug and climb out of bed. As I head to the small kitchen in our one bedroom, God please help me, one bath, and get out supplies for scrambled eggs. As I crack the eggs, carter comes in and turns on our tiny television. He starts watching Defiance on Syfy, I and continue what I'm doing. I sit there for a few moments storing the eggs I a pan, and then the doorbell rings.

I take the Pam of the stove and ask, "Hey Kayden, you expecting anyone?" He walks bye shaking his head negatively and looks as confused as I am. I go back to cooking, but I can hear some one talking to my brother, then I realize who it is. "Grande ( great )," I sigh, realizing its his stupid best friend, Mac.

Ever since he met Mac, he's been making dumb choices, like trying to impress a girls 4 years older than him using embarrassing pick-up lines. Boys.

I instantly stop what I'm doing and walk up to the door.
" No, get out," I demand and slam the door on Mac's face.

Kayden looks at me with disbelief and utter shock.
" What, did I do something to upset you. " I ask as he stares at me with his eyes wide open, a few seconds later, he nods his head and goes back to watching Syfy
" That's what I thought."

So ya, I know this chapter took a while to put up, but I'm also planning on getting rid of ice cream club and writing a new story, which I'm in the process of planning. If you have anything to say, or any suggestions for future chapters, just comment. If your enjoying the story, like it, or not, it's up to you, and I'll see you next time
- kitkay