25 - surprise

Tzuyu's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night with swollen eyes and clogged nose because of crying. After I said that to him, I stayed but I locked myself at the guest room, alone.

Good thing that the kids aren't here right now or else they would see us like this.

Jungkook was knocking on my door earlier but it stopped, I guess he got tired. I slowly opened the door of the room and peeked if he's outside but no signs of him. All the lights were dimmed but one thing that made me wonder is that his car wasn't in the driveway.

Did he leave?

I just shrugged it off and went to the kitchen to eat some food because I skipped dinner but when I was about to open the fridge, the home landline started ringing.

Really? At this hour?

I have no choice but to pick it up but I was so shocked when I heard alot of things at the other line -- alarms, people and walkie talkies.

"Hello? Mr. Jeon? Ms. Han Yoonhee has been found, sir. You don't need to rush here and worry, she won't bother you anymore. We would transfer her into a much stricter station so she wouldn't escape again." said the man on the phone.

"H-hi. May I ask what's the matter with Han Yoonhee and Jeon Jungkook?"

At first, the man was hesitant to tell me since it was the client's privacy but at the end, when he knew who I was he was convinced to do so.

He explained how Han Yoonhee was one of Jungkook's greatest employee before. They became friends and hang out a lot like siblings but turns out that Han Yoonhee was totally obsessed with Jungkook to the point where there was one time that she tried to mix something in his drink to seduce him.

With that he also said that Yoonhee was now under their custody and being process for several cases on court.

Now it all made sense, I shouldn't have misunderstood him again. Now where on Earth would I find him? I called his phone several times but it was turned off. I tried to stay calm as possible and called the others as well.

Jimin oppa answered among them.

Tzuyu: Hello? Jimin oppa, are you with Jungkook right now?

Jimin: Yes, we're in the hospital.

I suddenly felt blood rushed into my body and my heart felt hysterical. Why are they in a hospital? Did something happen because of me?

Tzuyu: Send me the address oppa.

call ended

After several minutes, I received his text and hurriedly went to the hospital. When I arrived there, the first thing I did was to ask the receptionist.

"M-miss, do you know where is the patient named Jeon Jungkook here?" I said while trying to catch my breath from running. The nurse from the desk checked it for me and her smile suddenly dropped.

"Mam... that patient was declared dead on arrival."

My heart dropped. It cannot be him. It's not him. This is just a dream. My legs gave up and I sat on the floor weak and crying silently. I hid my face with the palm of my hands and convinced myself that it is not true.

The nurse was trying to get me up and make me sit at the waiting area but I didn't budge. It was all my fault.

I was wiping my tears when suddenly someone kneeled on my level and handed me a handkerchief.