Misunderstood words

Hevrrybodi haptaparry! 👏🏾

Eee mandem made a move, but what happens next? 👀

Read and find out 😊

Happy reading!

Love,

Stella 💋

MISUNDERSTOOD WORDS| CHAPTER 8

RICHIE:

I regret it.

Normally I'm not sentimental about these things, but I do.

For the most part, I chose that moment because Katie walked by, but for what it was worth, I meant it.

I hope she knew that.

Maybe she didn't.

For the whole car journey I kept my eyes on the road, keeping my thoughts away from her.

She didn't know I payed attention to little details.

Like the way her full lips curl when she concentrates on things.

The way she fluffs up her curly hair.

The way her legs brush past thighs brush past each other when she walks.

I wasn't lying when I said she was beautiful, because she actually is.

But these things I found hard to tell, because I've let my guard down when I'm with her.

I'm being me, the real Richard, who actually has a brain, and a heart.

I finally pulled up in the driveway and stopped the engine.

"Avery, listen-"

"I know, you regret it." she said, looking anywhere but my eyes.

"But you're thinking that for the wrong reasons," I said, placing my hand on hers.

She flinched slightly, but didn't pull away.

"Well the whole school is not going to leave me alone from now on," she said.

"That didn't cross my mind at all, because I was thinking about you, not them. I chose a wrong moment and I'm sorry." I said.

"Wow, Richie Govérro is actually apologising, a rare moment I will treasure" she joked, smiling at me.

I felt my cheeks flame up in embarrassment. What the hell? I actually did, I'm glad I did too.

What was she doing to me? Showing someone the real me made me softer than soft scoop ice cream.

"Well you can treasure this too." I said, leaning over and kissing her.

This time on her lips.

Being this close to her felt good.

I placed my hands in her hair and moved in to pull her in closer, moving deeper into the kiss as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

Her skin was so soft and warm under my hands as I travelled down her back, below her waist and...

*HONK, HONK!*

We sprang apart from each other, both staring with wide eyes.

"Who the hell..." She started, looking out the window.

It was my mom trying to back up in the driveway.

Considering Avery lived in a small neighbourhood, she had a big driveway, but I realised I parked diagonally, blocking her space.

My bad.

I rolled down my window to be bombarded with words only a mother could say to her son and not be reprimanded.

"Okay okay mama, chill!" I said, putting the engine in gear and reversing out.

She parked and hopped out of her Jeep and pulled down her sunglasses.

Latina women and their temper 😒

"Oh Avery dear, I didn't see you there, I'm so sorry had to witness my rude words" she said, a little embarrassed.

"That's fine Auntie, it's understandable." She said turning around and giving me a cheeky grin.

"How was school?" Mom asked.

"It was good." we replied in unison.

"Great, I'll see you guys inside" she said, walking past with a raised eyebrow and the slightest hint of a smile. A few seconds later, she disappeared through the door.

We both let out a sigh of relief.

"Do you think she saw us?" Avery asked, looking like she was about to shit a brick.

"I don't know, but if she did, there's nothing to worry about, she likes you." I said, getting out of the car.

Just before we got into the house I pulled her by her arm and brought her closer to me.

"Hey, thanks for understanding." I said, holding her petit hands.

"I'm glad I have, new Richie." She said, winking at me before stepping through the the door.

Was she always that hot?

~💋💋💋~

I'm not even gonna lie this has one of my favourite chapters so far to write.

So cute. 😄💗

I guess you can say they are unofficially together, but I wonder what will happen at that party now this has happened...😏

Shoutout to evaaax17 for making my cover, love you so much girl 💖. Go read her book "The Impossible Inevitable" It's actually too funny 😂❤️

See what I did there with the song lyrics in the beginning? Yeah? No? Okay. 😔

Until next time!

Stella 💖