chapter 43

The slender one walks over to me," what would a little girl like you need  a horse?" " Just need help getting  around that's all." Sebastian walks over standing by my side. He looks at him up and down then turns to me," two horses will be a very high price." I chuckle," I'm sure we can work something out." He looks at me up and down again," come check the stable." We all walk into the stable," we have five horses. Two are old but can still run and the others are young bursting with energy." Sebastian steps forward," we need two of your fastest horses." The man chuckles," you'll be wanting  Blue and Bell." We follow him across the tiny stable," this is Blue." We stand in front of an all black horse," why do you call him Blue?" Sebastian holds his hand out to the horse, " when he's running under the moonlight his hair turns this blue." 

The horse brings his head down to Sebastian's hand. " I'll take him," he rubs Blue's head. " This way to Bella," the other fairy leads me a few horses down to an all white horse with brown spots." She's really gentle," he takes my hand and places it on the horse. I pat her softly," what do you think?" " I'll take her," I smile while still petting Bella. " So payment for these two horses," the slender one says. I go in my pocket and grab the little diamond. I open my hand and hold it out," I'm sure this can cover it and more." Everyone moves in closer looking at the diamond," yeah that should cover it." The slender man reaches for the diamond but closes my hands and pull it towards me. 

" We would also like saddles, clean clothes and food for the horses." They look at each other," stay here and we'll get it," they rush out of the horse stable. Sebastian turns to me," where did you get that from?" " Dottie gave it to me before leaving," I put the diamond  back into my pocket. " Good thing she did. We would have to walk all the way to the castle," he turns to Bella. " You know how to ride a horse," Sebastian moves to Bella." No, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it," I look at him gently pet Bella. " It's easy. Just be gentle and stare her." We lock eyes for a few seconds. Blue starts to whine," looks like someone is jealous," I break my gaze. My heart beats fast in my chest as I walk over to blue. " It's okay boy," I pet him. The stable doors bust open and the fairy men come in with an arm full of things. 

They set everything down in front of them," I didn't know if you wanted women's clothes or men so I brought both." " Thank you," I dig through the stuff. Two saddles, men pants and shirts along with women's clothes and a bag of carrots and sugar cubes. " The carrots and sugar  should last for a day or two." I pull the diamond out and hand it to them," thank you." They smile at the diamond," is there anything else that we can help you with?" " Yes, is there a more discreet way out of town heading to the kingdom," Sebastian asks. " Yes, when you get out of here follow the path and it will lead out of town." " Thank you," I look up from the clothes. " You're welcome. We'll give you some privacy to change," they hurry out of the stable. 

I grab a brown pair of men's pants and a white blouse. Sebastian grabs the dark blue pants and black shirt," I'll turn around." He turns his back to me and pulls his shirt off. His back is sculpted with freckles everywhere. He takes his pants off with two athletic legs and a small butt. I'm being a perv,  I hurry and change out of the granny clothes and put the newer ones on. " You done," I quickly button my shirt. " Yes," he turns around and looks at me. " We should hurry. We need to be out of town before morning comes." He grabs a saddle and walks over to Blue. I watch as he puts it on his back and strap it. I  grab the other saddle and walk over to Bella," hey girl." I open the stable door and she slowly walks over to me. Sebastian grabs the saddle out of my hand and straps it up. " You ready to get on her," he looks at me. 

My palms start to sweat," yeah but let me grab a bag." I went back to the center of the floor and stuffed some of the clothes in the bag that Dottie gave us and the rest in the bag with the horse's  food. I throw one bag over my shoulder and carry the other to Sebastian. He takes it from me," but your left foot in the stirrup," he places his hand on it. I put my foot on it while grabbing the saddle for support." I'm pushing up on top," he places his arms around my hips. I pull up while Sebastian pushes me up. I lay my stomach down on the saddle then swing my leg around," how do you feel?" Sebastian sets back a little," a little nervous." " You'll be fine," he grabs the bag off the ground and puts it on his shoulder. 

He grabs the reins and leads Bella over to Blue. Sebastian leads us out of the stable before getting on Blue. " Take the reins in your hand," Sebastian shows me a few jesters to use before we go down the path out of town. The path leads through the poor part of the town. We ride hard out of town onto the road to the next town. After a few hours of riding, the sun rises," we are going to need to stop soon to feed the horses and get some water." Sebastian nods, we ride a little while more before he stops. I pull the reins back stopping Bella," there's a river over here." Sebastian points to the  forest to the right of us. He gets off the horse then walks over to Bella. I swing my right leg to the left side of Bella. Sebastian reaches his arms out and grabs me around the waist. He pulls me to his chest and slides me down his body.

 Electric shock hits every never in my body. My feet hit the ground and Sebastian is still holding my waist. I look into his sparkling green eyes and the air in my lungs disappears. Sebastian moves his face closer to mine, he's going to kiss me. The horses start to get rowdy behind us and Sebastian backs up. He looks at me then shakes his head before going to the horses. I take a deep breath then turn around and grab Bella's reins. " Calm down, girl," I pet her. After a few minutes, the horses calm down and we walk into the forest. The short walk to the river was quiet besides the sound of our feet. Does he know about us being mates? He almost kissed me. What am I going to do? 

I let Bella's reins go and she walk over to the river. I take the bag off my back and let a sigh out from the relief. I dig through the bag pulling out food. I look over at Sebastian feeding Blue carrots. Do I tell him? Will he accept me as his mate? I shake the thought out of my head, that's not important now. We need to make it to the kingdom before Miracle. I open the jar and eat a few pieces before carrying it over to Sebastian. " You hungry," I hold the jar to him. " Thank you," he grunts, taking it from me. I walk back to my bag and pull out the leather bag. I go to the river and fill it up then drink from it. I walk over to Sebastian and hand it to him. He drinks from it but his eyes stay on me. My face heats up from the direct eye contact.

 He hands the leather bag back," we'll be leaving shortly." I nod not knowing what to say. I walk down the river and collect more water as he feeds Bella. After I gather everything back into the bag, we walk back to the road. Sebastian stops at the edge of the forest," wait right here." He hands me Blues reins while he walks up to the road. After. Few seconds waves me to come, I pull both horses to the empty road. Sebastian quickly helps me on top of Bella. No eye contact and no lingering touches. The day went past with us only stopping to rest the horses and eat. By the time night has fallen we make it to Mereabth. " Let's find somewhere to stay tonight," Sebastian gets down. " Okay," he grabs the reins out of my hand and pulls us through the village.