Chapter 12

The baor stumbles before falling before the fox. The fox timidly moves a little closer to the baor sniffing it. I dig in the quiver grabbing rope. I walk over to the boar. I step the bow on the ground then move the fox off the boar. I take the rope wrapping it around its feet. I pick the bow up, putting my arm through it, sitting it on my shoulder. I  grab the end of the long rope and start dragging the boar through the forest. Footsteps are heard around us causing the fox to stand in front of me growling. I realise the rope then grab the bow off my shoulder. I reach behind  me grabbing an arrow. I release my fairy dust as I line it up with  the bow. Men come out through the trees," Prince Sebastian." 

They stop and bow," yes." 
" The queen has sent us to find you." 
" You've found me, what did she want?" I release my fairy dust then put the arrow back. 
" Just to remind you that it's not safe to be in the forest."
 " Yeah, I know. Here grab this baor and take it to the kitchen," I reach down grabbing the rope.
" Tell my mother that I'll be in the castle safe and sound in a few minutes." 
 " Yes sir," one of the guards rushed over grabbing the rope. The fox growls causing him to back up. 
" Hey," I bend down picking the fox up. I hand the guard the rope then walk in the direction to the pound. 
" Prince Sebastian," I look behind me. 
" Yes," I raise my eyebrows.
 " The castle is this way," he points in the direction they came from. 

" I know," I continue walking to the pound. After getting a few feet away I put the fox back on the ground. We walk for ten minutes, before getting on the path to the pound. 
" You need to find your family," I look down. The fox looks up at me then climbs up my leg wagging its tail. I pet the top of his head," looks like I'll be stuck with you for a while."  We continue walking to the pound when I hear a familiar voice. 
" I need to figure this out." I move behind a tree looking around the pound. Nayyirah stretches her hands out in front of her. Her arms light up causing fire to appear from her hands.
 " No," Nayyirah waves her hands until the flames go away. She can control fire.

" Let's try this again," she closes her eyes for a few seconds. Her arms start to light up then they dim down, what's going on? I move from behind the tree and take a few quiet steps closer.Nayyirah's palms light up and her body starts to lose its color. Was this how she was able to fight the other immortal. I take a few steps closer until I step on a branch. Shit, I move behind a tree. I stand still not hearing a sound until the fix growls.
 " Shhhh," I pick the fox  up covering its mouth. 
" This is what the prince does in his free time." Nayyirah stands in front of me folding her arms across her chest.
 " N-no. I was coming for a quick dip in the pound  when I stumbled across you." I set the fox on the ground. 

" If you say so," she turns around.
 " Wait, I reach my arm out grabbing her arm. A warm sensation runs across my fingers, up my arm to my chest. My heart beats faster," what do you want?" She snatches her arm out of my hand. I clear my throat," let me walk you to the castle since the immortal is out here."
 " We're not all bad," she rolls her eyes. 
" I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying that it's becoming a threat to us all. I don't want you getting hurt here and your people not being able to be notified about it." She nods her head then walks down the path with me following behind. 
" Is that your pet," she looks down at the fox.
 " No, I found it when I went out hunting." 
" You hunt," she looks at me surprised. 
" Yes, I hunt. Most men do that." 

" Oh, I was thinking since you're a prince that you wouldn't get your hands dirty." I chuckle," I'm more than my birthright." We walk the rest of the way to the castle in silence. I open the door letting Nayyirah walk through first.
 " Thank you," she rushes into the kitchen. I walk in closing the door, " prince Sebastian thanks for the boar," the chef yells. I nod my head walking out the hectic kitchen. Nayyirah quickly walk down the hall to the staircase.
 " Prince Sebastian," I turn around to  Kenneth standing at the bottom of the staircase.
 " Yes,Kenneth," I stop next to him watching Nayyirah walk up the stairs.
" Do you know what she was doing out there?" 

" Using her powers," I look at him. Small amount of sweat appears on his forehead," good, don't need her to anger your father more than he is." He walks away, why is he sweating like that? Is he nervous about something or someone? I shake the thoughts from my head, he can't be. He's been working for our family all of his life. I walk up the stairs going to my room lost in thought.
 " What is that little thing," Orissa points to my feet. I look down at the fox," he's been following me since I found him." 
" He's adorable," she walks over to me and bends down. She holds her hand out and the fox reaches his nose out and smells her fingers before moving closer to her. 
" He likes me," she laughs. 
" Well you can take him while I shower and change,'' I walk past them to my room. I open the door and step in to see new  black sheets on my bed.

 Good, I don't need to be laying in that girl's filth. I go straight to  the bathroom taking my clothes off. I reach in my walk in shower and turn the water on. I get in letting the overhead shower pour down on me for a few minutes. Images of Nayyirah pop up in my mind. What is it about her that intrigues me? What was that feeling that happened when I touched her? It's just been awhile since I've been with a woman. Nothing else.  I shake my head and start washing my body. I move my thoughts to the invisible immortal. How long has it been coming into the castle and no one noticing? Someone had to tell it about the secret passages for it to go unnoticed for this long. Also they needed to know where everyone was going to be so that it can walk freely. Kenneth.

I finish washing then turn the water off. I get out of the shower drying off then go to my room. I walk to the closet putting on some underwear then a pair of pants and a button up shirt. I walk to the end of my  closet and put on some shoes. I leave the bedroom walking down the hall when I spot Miracle and Kenneth talking by the window. What could they be discussing? I've never seen them talk unless we're all together. I lean against the wall using my fairy dust to become invisible. I quietly walk down the hall stopping a few feet away from them," where did she go?"

 " The prince saw her using her powers."
 " Good, I don't need that little girl ruining this for us. It's been years in the making but it was worth the wait," Kenneth nods his head.
" Let's head to dinner," they start walking down the hall. I move out their way when Mircal looks in my direction. She stares for a few seconds before continuing to walk. That was close. I wait until they walk down the stairs before changing back. I walk to the dining room thinking about what was said. Years in the making? What does she have planned? I take my time walking to the dining room. I walk in, seeing Miracle and Tristan sitting at the front of the table while Orissa and Pete sit towards the middle. Nayyirah and her guards sit across from Orissa.