chapter 27

An hour later, we pull in front of the castle. Our carriage gets swarmed by guards," who's here?" " The royal family," Tristan speaks. He rolls his sleeve up showing the royal Crest on his arm. The guards move out letting us move down the road. The Duke's castle starts to appear the closer we get. It looks smaller than last time I was here. The plain grey stone of the castle and long windows makes the castle look depressing. The carriage stops and we start filing out. The doors of the castle burst open, " good to have you here."  Duchess Victoria walks over to me," we are very thankful for you to have us." Victoria is a small woman  with green curly hair that stops at her shoulders. She could pass for a pixie for her short temper. She smiles then looks down at my hand," what happened to your hands?" 

She gently picks them up," we ran into a little trouble getting here." " I'll have the healer come to your room," she released my hands. " Thank you," I smile. The Duke and his daughter walk over to us,''Prince Sebastian." " Duke Julius," I nod. Julius stands a few inches shorter than me with dark blue hair. " You remember my daughter Violet," he pulls her closer to me. " Yes, nice seeing you again." Her cheeks tinted red," you too." Violet is a short woman like her mother. Her name honors her hair color," it's been a long time since you visited." "It has," I look around at the grounds.

 The small flowers that grow around the castle then to the other carriage. Ryan stands outside the second carriage helping Nayyirah down. " Let me introduce you to the immortal princess." I lead them to the other carriage. She whispers in Ryan's ear as we stop in front of them. " Duke Julius  and Duchess Victoria, this is Princess Nayyirah." She turns around and smiles at them," nice meeting you all." They all shake hands," nice meeting you Princess Nayyirah." Victoria pushes Violet to the front," this is our daughter, Violet."  They shake hands," since everyone has met. Let's get everyone settled in then we'll have dinner a little later." The Duke leads us into the castle. " The maids will take you to your room," Julius stands in the middle of the foyer. " Duke Julius, can you send your healer to my hurt guard first?"

 " Yes, Prince Sebastian," he nods. The maids take us each up the stairs. At the top of the stairs there are two different landings. Nayyirah and her guards went to the left while I was taken to the right. " Why is she over there," I asked the maid. " The Duke told us to put her in the guest quarters." I look behind us as Nayyirah walks farther down the hall. " Tell the Duke that I would love to speak to him." " Yes, Prince Sebastian," she stopped in front of a door in the middle of the hallway. " This is your room," she opens the door. " Thank you," I walk in standing in the middle of the room. The bed sits in the far left wall with the dresser across from it.

 A small couch and chair with a table in between are on the right side of the room. The table holds a tray of cheese, crackers and some fruit. Along with a pitcher and glasses. " The bathroom is on by the window," she points to the window closer to the couch. " The staff will bring your bags momentarily. Is there anything that I can do?"" No, just tell the Duke that I want to speak to him about the Princess's living arrangements." " Yes sir," she bows her head then leaves the room. At least I have a nice view of the forest and mountains. I should show Nayyirah the different wildlife before she leaves. I smile goes across my face thinking about how excited she'll be to see the magical creatures. 

A knock on the door gets me out of my daze," come in." The door opens and two male fairies come in carrying my bags." Where would you like these sir," they keep their eyes on the floor. " By the bed," they shuffle across the room, placing my bags on the floor. " Night sir," they bow, then hurry out of the room. Awkward bunch, I sit in the chair leaning my head back. After tonight she will be going back to her realm, the heart starts to squeeze. Will she come back? She had to feel that spark when we kissed. Another knock forn the door brings me out of my thoughts," yes." The door opens and a old lady walks in," Prince Sebastian." She bows," no need for that," she walks slowly over to me. 

" What can I do for you," she stands in front of me. " My hands," I hold them between us. " They are severely burned," she takes my right hand into her and starts unwrapping it.The bandage hits the floor," this is very bad." My palms are red with blisters," I should be able to take care of that." She sandwiched my hand between hers. Fairy dust swirls from her shoulder down to her hands. After a few seconds, the fairy dust disappears and she removes her hands. I bring my hand to my face,closely inspecting it. The redness and blisters are gone. She takes my other hand and repeats the same process. I close and open my hand feeling no pain," thank you." " It's my pleasure,Prince Sebastian," she bows. 

" Is there anything else that I can assist you with?" " No, but can you visit the immortal princess and heal her wounds." " I'll make a stop to her room before leaving for the day." " Thank you," I walk her to the door. " It would be my honor to heal her," I open the door and Violet stands on the other side. " Night prince Sebastian " the old lady rushes out of the room. " Violet, what are you doing here? I asked to speak to your father."" He has some last minute things to handle and I told him I can take care of you in the meantime." She pushes her way into my room," Violet, it's not custom for an unwed woman to be in a man's private quarters  nearing evening." 

She sits on the couch," that's a very old tradition. I bet you that in Princess Nayyirah realm. She can go into a men's room at night and not get shamed about it." Violet picks up a piece of cheese and pops it into mouth. I clench my fist at the thought of Nayyirah in any man's room. " That's the difference in our realms but if you would like to hear her response let's go to her room." " I'll talk her later since it's been a while that we've seen each other." I walk over to the chair, she's not going to leave. I sit down,"  it has been a long time since I graced you with my appearance. How have you been?" " Great, I've been traveling and seeing the other beautiful towns around us. What about you?" " Good besides the immortal problem." She's looking to mate. 

" You've been keeping busy. When is your introduction?" " In the next couple of weeks. Your invitation should arrive in a couple of days." " I will be patiently waiting," a smile falls on her face. " Oh, what did you want to speak to my father about?" " Why is Nayyirah sent to stay on the other wing of the castle?" " Besides that being the guest quarters. You know how dad feels about our safety and since that immortal is killing fairies he's been taking extra precaution lately." I nod my head," understandable." I stand up from the chair," sorry to cut this conversation short but I need to bath before dinner." "Yes, I know the journey has been a long one to get here. Do you need me to send any maids up?" " No I'm fine," I smile. She gets up,''I'll see you at dinner," I walk her to the door.