Happyyyy Birthdayyyyyyyyy Bestieeeeeee

29th April 2022
11.45 PM

A anxious Rohit was sitting on his bed and continuesly looking at the watch and then at his phone.

"Just 15 minutes left for my birthday....yeaaaah I'm soo excited....but why isn't anyone calling?? Did they forgot my birthday or what??!! And where is that monkey?? So gaya kya ghode bech ke!!! Nahi nahi!!! He must have remembered my birthday!!! I think he's preparing a gift for me!! What it can be!!! Umm will it be a new Bat?? Or new ipod cause i lost the old one!! Shoes?? Hoodie?? Wait he isn't planning to sing for me, is he?? God i don't want my ears to be blasted!! He better give me a nice gift!! Wait.. what if he'll change his mind in last minute and will gift it to my sautan instead.....no he can't....I'll kill him, If he'll do something like this!! But then whom will i irritate!!! God, why it's so difficult!!

Rohit was busy in his rubish overthinkings, when his phone rang. He opened it to find a zoom call invention from Rahul. Rohit grinned and joined it.

"ADVANCE HAPPY BIRTHDAY RO BHAIYA/BHAI/CAPTAIN!!!"

As soon as Rohit joined the meeting, he heard his team shouting advance happy birthday to him. He smiled

"You guys are the best!!"

When he realized that Virat was no where to be found.

"Where is Virat??"

Rohit asked in a eager tone, while searching for his bestfriend.

"Where's Vi, Rahul??? You forgot to add him??"

Rahul rolled his eyes.

"Of course i didn't forgot Ro bhai!! I called him thousand times....but he wasn't picking up....So i called Anushka bhabi and she said virat is busy in some meetings.... with the management and Faf!! So he can't pick up the call now...."

Rohit's face fall instantly and before anyone could notice, he smiled to hide his sadness.

"Oh....it's ok then...."

Exactly at 12 A.M, everyone started wishing Rohit happy birthday. Rohit smiled and thanked them for their wishes, while deep down his eyes were still searching for the notification of his bestfriend's call or message.

"Ro!!"

Rohit looked up to find Ritika and the whole Mumbai indians team standing in front of him with smiling face.

"HAPPPPPYYYYYYY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYY!!!!"

everyone shouted happily. Rohit smiled as ishan and jassi jumped to hug him.

"Happy Birthday once again bhaiya!!!"

Rohit chuckled.

"Love you kiddos!!!"

Everyone started wishing him.

"Captain!! Why can't we cut the cake!! I need a proper cake smash birthday!!"

Dewald, who was now very comfortable with Rohit whined. Rohit smiled

"Let's just skip it D!!! We can celebrate tomorrow, after winning the match you know!!!"

"But we celebrated brevis's birthday yesterday na bhaiya!!! Why can't we celebrate yours today???"

Ishan said with a pout. Rohit's face hardened a little.

"Please ishu!! I don't want to!! I appreciate your love....but just don't force me to!! Now go back and sleep!! We've practice session tomorrow morning!!!

Everyone nodded grimly and left. Jassi looked at Rohit's troubled face and went to him.

"What happened bhaiya!! Anything....wrong???"