CHAPTER VII: SECRET WAY TO SURVIVE

Start from the beginning

"Thank you and yes. You can get the merchandise in the storage" 

"Thanks" 

Nomura then walks towards the stairs and goes down into the basement. In the basement, he comes across 3 thugs guarding a door with peculiar weapons beside them. One of the thugs approached Nomura with a dagger in his hand.

"What the hell are you doing in here, punk?!"

With his calm and cool gesture he's not deterred by the thugs "Oh Relax. I'm just looking for my change like this" Nomura showed the coin again to the thugs. 

As the thug recognizes the coin, they change drastically "Different clothing then, Sire? (Opening the door) off you go then"

Nomura walks through small storage until he found another wooden door. Nomura approaches the door and knocks on it 3 times in different patterns. Then the slit is open, revealing only a man's eyes through the slit. 

The man asks Nomura "Who goes there?" 

Nomura then said "May the Father of Understanding Guides Us" Not for long the door opens.

"Right this way, sire. The others are waiting for you"

Nomura walks through the office and enters the meeting room, where a number of various people already sit down. 

"Please, remain seated" Nomura then took his seat to begin the meeting "Gentlemen and ladies. Thank you for coming. As you know our kingdom has received an immediate threat from our western neighbors"

Nomura lays out the information about the three dukes, possible spies inside the government, and Amidonia's possible invasion "As we discuss at the earlier meeting, it's time for us to act. So...does any of you have anything to share?" 

"I will start first" The man who voices the first is the waiter at the Lorelei Pub, Victor Nordman, or called 'Tricky Vic'. Besides being a waiter, Vic is a spymaster for counter-intelligence operations in the kingdom.

"I already identify and confirm 'Subject blue' identity. She is under the order of the lagoon dragon" 

Nomura never thought that the sea dragon would send its spy to the government with a certain purpose "Hmmm...what is her overall intention?" 

"Well...According to one of my people at lagoon city, the sea dragon wants to prevent bloodshed with the king" Vic report that the subject blue is seen to make reports on people's welfare, the behavior of the king and its cabinet, king's policy, and how the king conducts himself. 

"It's a relief when one of those heads is not looking for a fight with us" Nomura then mark the mission finished "Ok then...How about the others?" 

Then a human woman known as "Amera" is the owner of the flower shop at Van and a permanent resident of Amidonia who actually working with Nomura since his ascend to the chancellor position and being 'loan' to Hakuya, despite Hakuya doesn't realize her nature of loyalty.

"According to my people, it's confirmed that King Gaius will support the dukes when their revolt started. This will allow them to push their spearhead deep into the kingdom's territory"

"Is there any info on their movement?" 

"Yes...They will move quietly and begin the attack via one of our border cities. Unfortunately, my lord. I don't know which city could it be and then after that. My apologies"

"No...that's ok. Your information does shine the light for us to be a step ahead" 

Amera then said something bizarre "Also, there's something more that will be the contrary for our Amidonia's affair"