Beat the Flare & Ideals Vs. Truth

Start from the beginning

Cody:Fine. I'll just go and-.

John:No,son. Let me do this.

The boy looks to his father,seeing his determined expression.

Cody:I don't know,dad. Are you sure you're up for this? This is-.

The builder places a hand on Cody's shoulder.

John:Don't worry,I can do this. Just because you're strong,doesn't mean you can do everything yourself. I'll help with carrying the weight,just like how I've always helped you and your mother.

Cody nods and watches his dad walk up to the orange button.

John goes to push it,but hesitates for a moment.

He thinks about his child,his wife,every person in Galar,every person in the world.

He doesn't know what will happen...

But if he wants to save his beloved then he must face whatever happens.

So,with a deep breath he pushes it.

Lysandre:Unfortunately...You are not the chosen one!

Cody:What?!

The orange haired man walks towards John.

Lysandre:You will destroy the world you tried to protect,by your own hand!

Lysandre:However...There is still time before my ultimate weapon is fully activated...And for your son to be saved.

In that moment,small turrets came from the walls fired at the boy,trapping him in a small cube of psychic energy.

Cody panicked,and tried to get out by ramming the cube but it was not effective.

John:Cody!

Lysandre:Press the other button before it fires,and you will be able to stop it,and save your boy...Of course,I refuse to allow that. So,I will keep you busy for a moment.

John angrily stares at the man before him.

Lysandre:The future you want,or the future I want...Let us see which one is more deserving,shall we?

John looks at his son,him being the only incentive he needs.

He then smiles.

John:Hey,son. Remember when I told you I needed to grab something.

Cody managed to keep his nervousness low enough to hear his dad's words,to which he nodded.

John:Well...Get ready to see your daddy get to work.

He then pulls out an Ultra Ball from his pocket.

Lysandre gives an evil smile and tosses out Mienshao.

John shows off a large smile while tightening his fist,showing his confidence.

He then throws his ball forward,which releases Hippowdon.

It brings up a sandstorm with its Sand Stream ability,but before it can attack,Mienshao swaps out with U-turn.

Lysandre sends in Honchkrow,but this leaves it open to an Ice Fang.

It survives and hits back with Dark Pulse.

A Rock Slide later is enough to KO the crow.

Mienshao comes back for more and attacks with a High Jump Kick.