Into the Fire

Cody walked into the mines and found it was purple instead of brown like the last one but it still had those beautiful crystals.

He wandered further to reach the other side of the mine but was stopped by a familiar voice that was straight ahead.

Bede:You again...

Cody saw it was the purple jacket boy from the first mine.

Cody:Oh,didn't see you there,how's it going?

Bede just walks up to him and ignores his politeness.

Bede:None of your concern,thank you very much.Y'know it would be a pity to have my Pokemon face off against low-level trainers like yourself.

The autistic boy puts on a face that says 'Excuse me?'

Bede:I'm not in the mood to deal with weaklings,but I suppose I'll do an act of mercy by crushing you.

Bede stands slanted as he brags on.

Bede:If you're under the misguided impression that you are stronger than me,you must be willing to have a Pokemon battle with me.

Cody just shrugs.

Bede:Alright,it's inconceivable that I will lose again to a child like you!

Before they start the battle Cody says...

Cody:I may be thirteen,but I'm not a child you know.

Bede glares at him.

Bede:Then prove it.

He throws his Great ball releasing his Solosis.

Cody tosses his main girl,Ima,to start.

Bede:Solosis,Psybeam!

The cell shoots a beam at Ima.

Cody:Ima,get rid of it with a water balloon!

She creates a water balloon and throws it at the beam,causing it to explode into mist.

Cody:Pound!

She jumps into the mist and hits Solosis,knocking it out.

Bede:Looks like you've grown a bit,only a little though.

He brings out his Gothia next while Cody brings out Zego.

Bede tells Gothia to use Rock Tomb and buries Zego with rocks but only slows down the little Dark-type.

Cody:Zego,hit it with Payback!

Zego gains purple energy and smacks the Gothia with it,taking it down.

Hatenna comes out next and Zego hits it again,taking it down.

Bede finally seems impressed with Cody's skill.

Bede:Excellent! Not everyone can corner my team like this!

He then sends out a small Pokemon that looks like a baby Unicorn,called Ponyta,a Galarian version of the usual fire horse.

Cody can smell the danger from it so he sends back Zego and brings out Zolta instead.

Ponyta uses a Confusion on the Poison-type and even though it was super-effective,Zolta took it well.

Cody:Zolta,Acid Spray!

She fires a Poison blob at it but leaves only at low energy.

Bede:Nice try. Ponyta,Psybeam!

It fires a pink beam at her but Cody reacts.

Cody:Dodge!

She does so by leaning to the side causing the beam to hit a wall.