CHAPTER 9

THIRD PERSON POV

The fleet that attacked the Azur Lane base are still very close to Azur Lane, but they sail discreetly so as not to be detected.

On the flight deck Akagi heals Kaga's wounds.

Akagi: Please don't move, I can't heal you.

Kaga: Sister, I can do it by myself.

Akagi: Please don't move.

Kaga: But these are scratches... Ouch!

Akagi: You see, it hurt, that's not right, I must disinfect your wounds properly since it can get infected.

Kaga: Ouch, shit, alcohol burns a lot.

Akagi: Kaga ...

Kaga: Please sister, (takes the cotton from Akagi) Sister, I do it myself.

Kaga undresses from the waist up and she sees that her chest has many cuts and scratches that she sustained when Enterprise shot at her.

Kaga: That ghost will pay dearly later.

¡CLANCK!

A faint sound sounds and Kaga goes on alert and she takes a big jump and lands far away from Akagi.

Then Kaga looks up and she can see Eugen sitting on the antenna of the aircraft carrier Akagi.

Kaga: Kisama.

Eugen: Ara, I hope you don't interrupt something important. Don't look at me with that face, did you forget that we are allies?

At that Eugen jumps up and she lands gracefully on the deck.

Akagi: Of course we are allies, we are comrades pursuing the same ideal. (Pulls out the black mental cube) All of our victories are by Red Axis.

Eugen: I see, it's impressive how you control those siren ships, even though they're mass-produced. Is it something from your secret project?

Akagi: Everything is the will of the heavens.

Eugen: But you have been very lenient in attacking that base, you should have gone ahead and reduced them to ashes. Did your little sister's wounds scare you?

In that Kaga gets furious, she tries to hit Eugen, but is stopped by Akagi.

Akagi: Oh dear, where is the love in all this? They still need to be teased a little more.

Eugen: I understand.

Akagi: Besides, that ship is very special, we must be careful with it.

Eugen: The most powerful ship of the Eagle Union, USS Enterprise or better known as Gray Ghost, it's true, she can be very annoying for our plans.

In that comes a radio transmission.

Zuikaku: [Sempai, we have found a separate force]

Kaga: It is just as Ayanami has reported.

Akagi: I guess we can tease them a bit. [Can you handle it, Fifth Division? I may be a bit immature, but this isn't a difficult errand that they can't do, right?]

Zuikaku: [Okay, we'll do it]

Akagi: Now I speak to you, famous warrior Prinz Eugen...

Kaga: The 5th division found a separate fleet from the enemy, there's no way to leave them alone.

Akagi: I'm ashamed to admit it, but I do care about my Kohai, if Iron Blood moves to take care of them, I'd be more relieved.

Eugene: Hmmm? Ok, I accept. I'll be with Nimi and Ayanami from your camp, my fleet isn't quite ready to sail.

Akagi: Okay, I'm honored that you guys show your power against Azur Lane.

1750 HOURS

In the Red Axis fleet Ayanami is sitting on the bow turret of her ship as she thinks about what happened 2 days ago.

In that Z23 appears.

Z23: Ayanami.

Ayanami: Nimi?

Z23: We have orders to set sail immediately, we have a mission.

Ayanami: Mission?

Z23: Yes, you are temporarily transferred to the Iron Blood fleet, please follow us.

Ayanami: I understand, another batle...

Z23: Yes, an enemy naval force has been found heading for the base at Pearl Harbor, our mission is to intercept them and force them back to Eagle Union, that's all.

Ayanami: In enemy?

At that Ayanami thinks about the girls she met before the start of the war and she gets a little sad.

Ayanami: I don't like fighting, but I also don't dislike it.

Z23: Please don't be selfish!

Ayanami: Do you like to fight?

Z23: Whether we like it or not, that is irrelevant, we are weapons and our duty is to follow orders and fulfill the missions entrusted to us, we are warships, our existence is to fight.

Ayanami: (Contemplating the start of the night) Ayanami doesn't quite get it...

Ayanami is very thoughtful about what is happening and what will happen in the future.

TO BE CONTINUE.....................................