Puppy!

I was on my phone, looking at pics of puppies on an adoption center's website. They're so cute, I want one. Unfortunately, Satoru never allowed me to have one considering I'm usually too busy with missions. This is where I become envious of Megumi- he gets to have his shikigami divine dogs, whereas I'm unable to possess shikigami, so I can't have dogs. But I really want some.

"Oh my god! Has Y/n moved on from Fushiguro and got herself a boyfriend?!"

I jumped at the sound of Nobara's voice, facing her and the rest with wide eyes. "What?! No! I mean-" I'm starting to die of embarrassment.

Satoru smirked as he sat beside me, making me hide my phone. "Then whatcha looking at? And why did you hide your phone from me?"

"N-no reason." I smiled nervously. If they saw I was simply looking at puppies, what would their reactions be like.

Megumi sat on the couch across from the one I was on. "So you still like me or do you have a boyfriend?"

My jaw dropped as I stared at him. "I don't have a boyfriend! And why does this even matter! I was just online!"

I turned my phone off, standing up and stuffing it into my pocket. I began walking out of the room.

"Why ya leaving?" Satoru kept at it.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Going for a walk. Leave me alone."

"Moody teenager." He snickered.

I slammed the door behind me, no doubt making them flinch. I walked off the campus and pulled my phone out of my pocket, turning it back on and looking at the puppy pics. I smiled, continuing to imagine what it would be like to have a dog. I contemplated asking Megumi, but he has shikigami and not a real dog.

I stopped walking. Wait... Megumi asked if I had a boyfriend or if I still liked him. Why? Was he just joining the others with their teasing, or was he being serious?

I don't know of him joking around ever, it just didn't reallt fit his character. But if he's serious, why would he want to know?

While I was deep in thought, I had somehow ended up in a park. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked around. When did I get to a park?

I shrugged the thought off and walked in the park. I really took in my surroundings, putting my phone back into my pocket. It was a beautiful day outside, the sky was clear blue and the sun was shining nicely on my skin. There was a slight breeze, but barely noticeable unless you were paying close attention to it.

And that's when I heard it. A noise that I always wanted to hear in person, the only sound that brings a smile to my face immediately. I turn and walk in the direction. There I see a puppy.

Then my smile dropped. It wasn't a cute bark, this dog was injured. I rushed to pick it up, being as careful as I could to make sure I wouldn't touch the wound on its leg and so it wouldn't become uncomfortable.

It wimpered in my ear, this poor husky pup. I held it close to my chest and began looking around- there wasn't any sign of an owner for it, nor was there any clue as to how it got hurt. I sighed, looking back at the poor little thing.

Looks like there's only one thing to do: take it to a vet.

The only problem with that: I have no clue where there would be a veterinary clinic.

I carefully readjusted the puppy and got my phone out of my pocket, looking up the nearest vet. Once I found the route to take, I began walking, making sure that nothing happened to the pup in my arms.

"Thank you for visiting!"

I bowed to the vet. "Thank you for helping her."

From this visit, I learned this husky is a female and is roughly 4 months old. She has no owner and had been a stray till I found her. Her injury wasn't too serious, fortunately- just a cut on her front leg. It was easy to deal with and didn't cost too much.