Bonds

"Oh my fucking god! Y/n!"

I opened my eyes to see my big brother. "Satoru...? What're you doing here?"

He let out a relieved sigh. "Thank god! Nobara panicked and called me, saying you had passed out while gripping your chest. Are you ok? What happened?"

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. "I think my health has gotten terrible."

"I'm so glad you're awake, Y/n!" Nobara had appeared by my bed, worry written all over her face.

I gave her a weak smile. "I'm sorry for worrying you, Nobara. I'll be fine...."

"Liar!" She had tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

My smile dropped. "Yeah.... I feel like shit. But I am sorry about worrying you both."

"It's fine." My brother waved it off. "Just be glad that Yuta nor Yuji found out. Both would be losing their shit." He chuckled dryly.

Nobara nodded. "Maki, Panda, and Inumaki would be worried too. They recently told me that they really enjoy your company."

My lips tugged towards a smile. "I like being around all of them too."

The door randomly burst open. Shoko Ieiri came over with concern on her face. "Oh my fucking god! Y/n! Are you ok?!"

"Not really.... But I'm better than I was earlier."

She frowned. "Making me run around to find out what the fuck is wrong with you... just to find out your heart damn near gave out!"

I looked away. "Stupid health issues suddenly acting up."

Satoru sat beside me. "Don't even try joking about this. You've never had any health issues. So what's going on now?"

I sighed. "It's... Megumi...." I murmured.

"Hah?" Nobara just held confusion on her face. "What does stupid Fushiguro have to do with your heart giving out?"

I looked at her with tears in my eyes, my voice breaking as I spoke. "I really like him, Nobara. But he said to my face that he hates me!"

Her eyes widened, then filled with anger. "Bitch did WHAT?! I'M GONNA KILL HIM!"

I looked away, a single tear rolling down my cheek. I couldn't speak at all, couldn't even attempt to calm her or defend Megumi at all. Not that trying would've actually worked. Once Nobara is worked up, she's practically unstoppable.

Satoru spoke up, settling Nobara down. "That's enough. We just need Y/n to get better. That's our main concern right now."

Shoko nodded. "Let her rest now. We'll come stop by later to check up on you sporadically. If you need anything, just call me. I'll be in my office right there." She pointed to a door that was currently closed.

I nodded. "Will do. Thanks, you guys. I'm just gonna get some rest now." I laid my head back on the pillow and shifted to get comfortable, closing my eyes to let sleep take over.

"Y/n!"

I jolted awake, being met face-to-face with all the students, Megumi being the only exception. "W-what? Why are you guys here?"

Yuji looked at me, worried. "Are you ok?! When we couldn't find you and you hadn't been answering our calls or texts, we got really worried and started looking for you."

"Why are you in here? What happened?" Yuta looked at me with soft eyes that held concern.

I looked away from all of them. "I... my head started hurting real bad and I kinda fainted. Sorry for worrying you guys."

"Never apologize for that, Y/n." Yuta gently pat my head. "As long as you're alright."

I nervously laughed. "Yeah, everything's alright."

He frowned. "I know that face and laugh. What's wrong?"

I looked away, trying to refrain from making eye contact. "It... it was my heart...."

"What?!" I'm pretty sure all of them shouted in unison.

I sighed. "My heart... kinda gave out a bit. At least, that's what Ieiri said. I just need a bit of rest, that's all."

Everyone had grabbed seats right by my bed, making sure that they didn't touch me but remained close.

Yuji tried looking me in the eyes. "Why? Do you have a weak heart? Or something else?"

I shook my head. "No heart issues. But..."

"But?"

I took a deep breath. "I really like Megumi but he told me that he hates me. Maybe it was kinda like my heart breaking that caused this."

Yuji's eyes widened. "You like Fushiguro?!"

I nodded, my face heating up. "Y-yeah. But it doesn't even matter how I feel. He really hates me...."

"No, that's not true. Your feelings are important." Yuta comforted me with a small smile. "We can help you."

I tilted my head to the side. "Huh?"

Maki smirked. "Operation: get Megumi to fall on love with Y/n is a go."