Chapter Three

Cloud's POV

I went back to the cliff and saw the sword on the floor. I picked it up and put it where it belongs. "I said I'd live out both our lives, easy to make that promise..."

~Memories of Zack~
"So you want to be a SOLDIER? Hang in there!" The scene change. "Hey, are you okay?" The scene change. "Well, what are you going to do once we get to Midgar? We're friends... right?" Zack starts to breathe into the fresh air until... gun shooting starts to attack. "Pops, park us over the rocks... Cloud rides over." He said. He put me by the rocks and ruffled my hair. The scene change again. "My honor, my dreams, they're your now... you'll be... my living legacy..."
~End of the memory~

Those memories stays with me. "I swear that I'll never forget." Then I started to think about Freya.

~Flashback~

Freya and I are walking down the street. "Freya, will you be mad at me if I joined SOLDIER? I asked.

"Why would I be mad? Its your decision. As long as you're careful out there." She said.

"But I won't see you for two years." I replied.

She didn't say anything but a tear fell on her cheek. I wiped it off. "How come that you always go away and never come back for months?" She cried.

I didn't answer her question, I just pulled her into my chest and hugged her. "Don't worry, I'll be back. I promise." She cried more. A week later, it was time for me to go. Everyone was there, but not Freya. I said goodbye to everyone and start to enter the building until...

"CLOUD!" I turned around and saw her. She was in tears again. She ran up to me and my arms are open for her. We hugged for the last time.

"Time to go, Cloud." Said the SOLDIER manager. I broke the hug but still have Freya in my arms. I kissed her on the forehead. "I'll come back."

"You better be." She replied. I nodded and let her go. The thing is that I don't want to leave her, I don't have a choice.

~End of Flashback~

"I said that I'd be back, but then, when I came back, you were gone... Why? Why did you go somewhere without telling me?" I asked myself. "Freya, I'll find you no matter what." Then suddenly, my arm started to sting in pain again. Then my mind started to talk.

"Don't pretend you're sad... why tremble in anger that's not even there?" I blacked out. "Face it Cloud... all you are... is an empty puppet."

Freya's POV

We were attacked by Kadaj. Reno anc Rude were lying on the ground. Kadaj looked at me. "What a beautiful lady." I got into my fighting position. "Hmf, you guys never learn." He came at me, but I blocked his attack. Then suddenly, he pushed me to the wall. He grabbed my neck. I tried to struggle out but he was too strong. He punched me in the stomach. I fell forward and he went to talk to Rufus. I didn't hear the whole conversation but I saw ID cards. It show Tseng and Elena. "Why did you do it?" Asked Rufus.

"We need mother's power and we need her." He said.

Reunion? I thought.

"Reunion?" Asked Rufus.

"My brothers and sisters who share mother's cells will all assemble. And together we'll take revenge on the planet. We've already sent out the invitations, but you know. Someone's gone and hidden the guest of honor." He said. I flinched.

The Geostigma. I thought.

"Invitations?" Asked Rufus

"The stigma." Said Kadaj.

I knew it. I thought.

"But you all know about that, sir... Mother's memetic legacy lives on the Lifestream and makes it happwn, hehe, she does so much for us, and we... we don't even know where to find here. But what can we do? We're just Remnants. Merely remnants of mother's legacy." He said. He looked at me and smirked. "Until we find mother and receive her cells, we can't be whole again... Geostigma and a legacy aren't enough. Not for a true reunion." He continued.

"What do you mean?" Asked Rufus.

Kadaj chuckled. "But sir, surely you've noticed." He said. He came up to Rufus and bowed.

What's that about? I thought.

But I can see Rufus was trying not to feel the pain. But I can feel something around Kadaj. I can... sense... oh no... don't tell me... Then Kadaj left. I felt more pain.

"Reno... Rude... are you alright?" I asked. They nodded.

"Freya, you need to go." Said Reno. "The look on Kadaj's face, isn't good. Go and try to find Tifa." He said. I looked at Rufus.

He nodded. "Be careful out there." I nodded and went to find Tifa. I looked in Sector 7, where a bar was placed. There was a boy with brown hair. He also have the stigma. I went up to him. As I did that, he kind of got scared.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you, I'm just here for Tifa." I said.

"Who are you?" He asked.

I pulled my mask off. His eyes went wide. "You're... Freya Spirit Hunter." He said.

"How did you know? I asked.

"There was a picture on Tifa's bedroom. And also Cloud has one too." He replied.

"Now that maked sense." I said with a smile on my face.

"I'm Denzel, by the way." He said. I smiled.

"So, Denzel." I bent down to his height. "What are you doing out here?"

"I was waiting for Cloud." He said. "He said that he will come home."

"I see. He's always late, huh?" I said.

He nodded. "Tifa's not home, she's at the church."

I smiled. "You better get inside, before it gets dark... okay." He nodded and left. I found the church and I walked in. As I walked in, a little girl was about to run to me, but a woman stopped her. I looked at the woman. "Tifa?"