Chapter 1

Today, I was at Rufu's place. I didn't  let anyone know that I'm in town. Not even Cloud. I wonder what's  he's up to? Ever since I got here, the Geostigma has been spreading around. Even Rufus got it. I was worried. I better find a cure fast. I went downstairs and hear Reno on the phone.

"Yeah, just tell him that I got work for him."

Him? I thought. He hung up the phone and saw me looking at him.

"Oh, Freya. Didn't see you there? What's up?" He asked. I crossed my arms and leaned on the door frame.

"Who's that on the phone?" I asked

"Oh, that was Tifa." He replied. I just looked at him.

"And you got work for who?" I asked.

"Cloud, he'll be coming here." He said.

My eyes went wide. "Did you say... Cloud?" I asked surprised on my tone.

Reno shook his head. "Yeah, Rufus needs to speak with him. About rebuilding Shinra."

I signed. "When he comes here, don't tell him that I'm here."

"Actually, you and me are going to test him, but you'll be wearing a mask though." Said Reno. I didn't say anything at all. I just went back upstairs and put my mask on.

Cloud's POV

I was on the cliff where Zack died. I always go there. I was on my phone listening to my messages. One was from Tifa. "Reno called again, he says he's got work for you... Cloud, how have you been?" I hung up my phone. Then I started to remember Freya. "Freya... where are you?" I asked myself. I decided to go to see Reno, but suddenly, my arm started to sting. I held on to it, then it stopped.

Kadaj's POV

Hehe... so this is Midgar. My brothers and I parked at the cliff. I saw the sword and kicked it over. It was a great view of Midgar. There was an awkward silence.

"Hey Kadaj... is that where big brother lives?" Asked Yazoo.

I smiled evilly. "Yeah."

"Do you think he will be glad to see us?"

"Not a chance." Then Loz butted in.

"Don't cry, Yazoo."

"But mother is with him." Replied Yazoo.

I looked around. "Maybe not."

Loz started to cry. "Don't cry Loz." Said Yazoo. I was still looking around until I saw someone familiar. Its him.

"Hold on. He's coming." I signaled them to attack him.

Cloud's POV

I was riding peacefully, until these guys showed up. Just great. I grabbed my sword and got ready.

"WHERE'S MOTHER!" I blocked his attack. And then another guy came.

"WE KNOW YOU HID HER, BROTHER!" He starts to shoot. I blocked his bullets. Brother? Since when? I thought. I started to attack them until my arm starts to sting in pain.

Kadaj's POV

I watch them attack him. This should be fun. I got out my phone and called the Shinra guy. "You're holding me on... cause I know that you have mother there... don't need to shout... I don't want to talk to you anymore...Put the president on." I looked back, they're still fighting.

Cloud's POV

My arm stings. Damn the stigma. I  was in too much pain. Until these creatures came up to me and about to attack me, then they disappeared. I looked around and noticed that the other two guys left. I stopped my motorbike and looked at the cliff. I saw hin. Who is this guy? I thought.

Freya's POV

I got dressed up and put my mask on. I'm kind of nervous to see him. I wonder if he changed? I got out my room and met Rude. He looked at me and just nodded. I heard the door open. And Reno got his stick ready and block the attack. I peeked at the corner. Cloud? I thought. Reno backed up and attack him but missed. Cloud move aside. Reno went out of the door, when Reno came back, but Cloud shut the door. He looked around. Reno opened the door. "Okay, so you're good." Cloud shut the door again and locked it. Rude looked at me.

"Go." I whispered. He went out. He was getting his gloves ready.

"Yeah Rude, lookin' sharp." Said Reno through the door. Rude got into his fighting position but Cloud was too fast. He backed up and cleared his throat. That's my signal. I have my mask on.

I walked out and looked at him. He looked at me. Had he got more handsome than before? I thought. I attacked him with my spear but he blocked it. I backed up and smirked.

"Good, you fought like a SOLDIER that you once claimed to be." Said Rufus as he came in with a wheelchair. Cloud lowered his sword. Rufus came in between me and Rude. "You haven't lost you're touch." He said.

Cloud looked at us, but he mostly looked at me. "Rufus Shinra? Well, I feel sorry for you." He said. Rude got uncomfortable and I just giggled quietly. Rufus continued the conversation.

Rufus : The day of the explosion...

Cloud : What do you want from me?

Rufus : I managed to get out of there

Cloud : Who are the guys that attacked me?

Rufus said something that I didn't catch. "I'm leaving." Cloud cut him off. I just looked at him.

Rufus sighed. "We need your assistance, Cloud."

"Not interested." He replied.

"I know that Shinra... owes the planet a lot." He said. Rufus continued the conversation and then he mentioned the Geostigma. "And about Sephiroth--"

Cloud cut Rufus off. "Sephiroth is dead."

"Yes, but has his mind died? He can't just pop up out of nowhere." Said Rufus.

"But why does this have to do with me?" Asked Cloud.

"You're our buddy, aren't you?" Asked Reno through the door. Cloud suddenly kicked the door, telling him to shut up. I giggled.

"Please--" Rufus was cut off again. "

"Too bad I'm a delivery boy now." Said Cloud.

"You're all I have... Cloud look... I know that you have orphans living with you... don't you want to see the smiles on their faces?" Asked Rufus.

Cloud turned around and unlocks the door. "Hmf, in my head... what's this stuff about... mother?"

"Why? Did Kadaj asked you something?" "Rufus, are you hiding something?"

"I never keep a secret, not from a comrade, plus, I forgot to ask you this." Said Rufus. He looked at me. Don't you dare. I thought and give a glare. Cloud stood silent. "Don't you... want to see the smile on Freya's face?" He asked. Cloud froze. My hand started to form into a fist.