𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓

Começar do início

"If I can, I'll stay in your shadow for eternity Sara. It's the safest place I've ever known," I murmur into her shoulder, clutching the back of her clothes as an quiet sob escaped my lips. Why am I crying? I ask myself, feeling Sara pat my back assuringly. "If you feel the safest there, then stay. No one would dare force you out [y/n]."

Maybe I was disappointed by the thought of being able to be with Ayato. It was an.. impeccable thought however, maybe it would've been the slightest possible. 'Hah. This is the first time I've ever felt this jealousy..' because before i realized it myself, i fell inlove with Yashiro Commissioner.

GREED WAS AN VICIOUS EMOTION, it was capable of changing an person. The greed of striving to be better than everyone else, to be powerful, to be wealthy. Various perspectives can be changed, and steer towards the wrong way. It was an powerful but alarming emotion.

[y/n] barely felt greed or envy, always the mischievous yet generous person. One that wasn't easily bound by duties, and overwhelmed with work. but of course, change was inevitable.

what was it that made her feel like this? Was it the way he gently extends her hand out to her, the mellowed softness beneath his brilliant hues of periwinkle,  and how'd he press a kiss to her knuckles every time they meet. [y/n] shakes her head solemnly, eyebrows pinched.

"ah, i really am infatuated with him." she mutters against the parchment paper she rested her head on, the scent of dry ink wafting through the air. "what should i do? shall i reach out to yae.. or deal with this myself?"

Soon, she found herself walking towards the mountain where the Grand Narukami Shrine was. She trek upwards easily albeit her down demeanor.  "[y/n], is that you?" The eerily familiar voice addressed her.

'Fuck.' [y/n] purses her lips to refrain strings of curses to slip out of her mouth, she soon offered an generous smile. "Lord Kamisato, greetings. What a fine day today isn't it?" [y/n] tucked stray strands of her locks behind her ear finely.

"Indeed, what brings you here?" Ayato curiously asked, holding a few scrolls in his hands which he lends to an nearby attendant of his. "I'm here to offer my prayers to our Archon of course, and as well as meeting Guuji Yae." [y/n] chirps in a composed manner.

'Haha, please forgive me your excellency for lying about offering my prayers.' [y/n] prayed to the electro archon inwardly, while maintaining a collected expression outside. Behind Ayato, she can see the Guuji stepping out the shrine.

Yae Miko turns her head and noticed the pair, and the particular plea of help in [y/n]'s distressed eyes. Yae's eyes widened momentarily, masking her chuckle beneath her hand before extending her help towards one of the twin-amethysts.

"Lord Commissioner, my apologies for interrupting your conversation but [y/n] and I have business to attend to. As you are a very busy person, feel free to leave the shrine anytime." Yae Miko half-heartedly piped in, leaving Ayato little to no excuses to converse with [y/n]. Also interrupting him before he can speak.

An subtle glare was directed towards the Guuji, whilst the commissioner let out an defeated sigh. "Until our next meeting then, [y/n].. and Lady Guuji." Ayato mumbles Yae's title in a barely audible way as he soon left, the teasing and winning smirk on Yae Miko's face was showed.

"Now little one, what brings you here to the Shrine? You also owe me one as I saved you from a stressful situation." Yae Miko emphasizes, leading [y/n] into her office. "I don't know where to start."

"Oh? How am I supposed to understand the situation then, I could feel the odd tension between you and Ayato.. did something perhaps happen?" Yae Miko pried interestedly, a grin forming on her delicate features. "I've also heard rumors on the street that Ayato and Azula had lunch together openly. Is this connected to that?"

'As expected, Yae catched on easily.' [y/n] thought, scratching the base of her neck nervously. "I was with Ayaka around the city when they've decided to have lunch together, I wonder if Ayato did that to spite me.."

"Considering a few days ago, I told him to not meet with me frequently because I was worrying about his reputation and mine as well.." [y/n] chimed quietly, while Yae observed silently. "I didn't strike that rascal as one to be petty, but considering the situation now he is being a bit immature."

"You were concerned reasonably. Although this doesn't seem to be everything, yes?" Yae Miko queries, eyebrows pinched but her hues of amethyst certainly didn't lack interest. "Now that I've thought of it, I've been hearing you out a lot lately. My, am I becoming your personal therapist?"

"You've asked to be updated with Ayato and I's relationship so kindly deal with it." [y/n] offers a half-hearted smile, not in the mood to indulge the Guuji's comments. "And yes that isn't the whole story. I may have realized that I might be infatuated with Ayato."

An uneasy silence enveloped the atmosphere, as the Guuji hummed softly in thought. "When are you gonna stop acting naive then?" Yae Miko asks monotonously, which surprised the latter a bit. "I'm well aware that you're sharp [y/n], you are able to read an situation at first glance and when the vision hunt decree was in-effect you were the one who speculated the former resistances's moves.."

"You must've noticed that Ayato shared the same feelings. As to why you pushed him away under the pretense of caring for your reputations." Yae Miko presumed, but it was the truth. Yae Miko narrowed her eyes subtly, watching as [y/n] diverts her gaze briefly. "Why are you treading on eggshells now? Is it because the spotlight affected you that much?"

"Yes. I'm aware too that it was a cowardly move." [y/n] finally answered, placing her hands on her lap. "I'm simply not ready to face these feelings and.. I'm afraid what happened back then might repeat."

"You don't have to announce your relationship to the general public [y/n]. Rather than keeping it all to yourself, talk it out. You will only encounter more problems if you faced it on your own." Yae Miko chides, twirling her pink locks around her finger. "And as for Azula, she's a coward disguised as a renowned 'noble.' Her clan is mere servants to the Yashiro Commission, I wonder when did they get so ambitious." Yae Miko scoffs.

"That scar on your left arm.." Yae Miko points out, the scar that peeked out of [y/n]'s sleeve. The latter simply adjusted the sleeve but now that the Guuji noticed it, she knew she wouldn't drop it so easily. "Not long ago, Azula paid a few treasure hoarders in a measly attempt to rid of me. I only noticed recently that I got a wound by them, no worries it's a small single one."

"Does Sara know of this?" Yae Miko arches her eyebrows,as the latter simply shaked her head. "She doesn't.. Even though it may not seem like it she'll worry listlessly." [y/n] chuckles, recalling an distant memory of Sara fretting over her constantly when she scraped her knee accidentally in their childhood.

"I'll open it up to her soon. I can't leave her in the dark about this." [y/n] smiles, before smoothing out the folds in her clothes as she stood up. "I believe our meeting will end here for today, thank you for lending me your wisdom Guuji Yae. I've sorted out my thoughts thankfully, I will see you then on another occasion." [y/n] offers a generous smile, before exiting the shrine.

" [y/n] offers a generous smile, before exiting the shrine

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

ee this chapter is a bit boring because i am kinda on writer's block, although i can assure you that ayato and yn's relationship will progress in the following next chapter/s. i hope it isn't too slow hehe

hope you enjoyed reading <3

(edit: this was actually supposed to be published yesterday at 2pm but i was busy and forgot about it 😭 HEHSJAHS ty to the 1 who reminded me on discord LMAOAOA)