092. "yeah, I figured this was something I deal with my whole life"

Start from the beginning

"Lalalalalala," Ron ran away from them with his hands clamped over his ears, up to the Boys' Dormitory.

"Wow," said Harry, as Lucia sat up with a smirk. "That's a new record,"

"We just gaslighted him. I really didn't want to do that to him, to be honest. But he kept on tailing us," sighed Lucia in dismay, before she turned to Harry. "Now, more kissing, less talking,"

"As you wish," smirked Harry, smashing his lips against her before they fell on the loveseat.

Truthfully, Ginny really getting as much kisses as she could from Luna, all while trying to hold herself back as they came into the month of June. The fifth years were sitting for the O.W.L.s examination, and kissing have been restricted until the exams were to end. Ginny and Luna had asked Lucia to supervised them, though she did not believe that would do anything, for they would end up snogging one another in an empty aisle between book shelfs in the library at the end.

Lucia had just finished from 'supervising' Ginny and Luna and was heading back to Gryffindor Tower. She entered through the portrait hole just in time to see Hermione and Harry 'talking, near the window where he and Ron were sitting with books in front of them.

"Oh, not again," she heard Harry groaned, with drew her suspicions quickly. "Will you please drop it?"

Lucia approached them gingerly, what were they talking about? She turned to Ron, and saw a exasperated expression plastered on his face and she couldn't help but assume one thing.

"Are you two talking about the Half-Blood Prince again?" she asked, standing in front of the three with her head tilted in curiosity. "I thought we've forgotten about them?"

"Hermione was," said Harry, annoyed. "I, however, was not. So will you drop it?"

"I'm not dropping any of it," said Hermione firmly, "until you've heard me out. Now, I've been trying to find out a bit about who might make a hobby of inventing Dark spells —"

"He didn't make a hobby of it —"

"He, he — who says it's a he?"

"We've been through this," said Harry crossly. "Prince, Hermione, Prince!"

Lucia blinked; it was like watching a game of table tennis.

"Right!" said Hermione, red patches blazing in her cheeks as she pulled a very old piece of newsprint out of her pocket and slammed it down on the table in front of Harry. "Look at that! Look at the picture!"

Harry picked up the crumbling piece of paper and stared at the moving photograph, yellowed with age; Lucia and Ron leaned over for a look too. The picture showed a skinny girl of around fifteen. She was not pretty; she looked simultaneously cross and sullen, with heavy brows and a long, pallid face. Underneath the photograph was the caption:

EILEEN PRINCE, CAPTAIN OF THE HOGWARTS GOBSTONES TEAM.

"So?" said Harry, scanning the short news item to which the picture belonged; it was a rather dull story about interschool competitions.

"Her name was Eileen Prince. Prince, Harry."

They looked at each other, and Harry realized what Hermione was trying to say. He burst out laughing. "No way."

"What?"

"You think she was the Half-Blood...? Oh, come on."

"Well, why not? Harry, there aren't any real princes in the Wizarding world! It's either a nickname, a made-up title somebody's given themselves, or it could be their actual name, couldn't it? No, listen! If, say, her father was a wizard whose surname was Prince, and her mother was a Muggle, then that would make her a 'half-blood Prince'!"