Chapter 14 - The surrender

Start from the beginning

Y/n's PoV

He gently put me on the sofa bed opposite the big TV screen. I covered my legs in the soft blanket and snuggled into the corner. He sat down next to me with the plate of dinner and took a spoonful and extended it towards my mouth. I briefly glanced at him and took the spoon in my hand as well as the plate.
Y/n: "I can eat it myself, I'm not a child" I stated in a low tone.
It seemed he was trying to be consoling for what he's done. He was a lot gentler and his eyes appeared somewhat caring.

Was I just imagining it? I didn't know. Even if that was the case, I didn't want any of it from him, and I'm not giving him any chance either. I didn't even want to look at him. I slowly ate the dinner occasionally looking at the screen. It was some violent movie, car chases, gun shots and angry men growling, more of his style. He was focused on the screen with a bottle of beer. I wasn't interested at all. I felt drained out of any energy to even move. The immense tiredness easily pushed me into a deep sleep.

TAE's PoV

She was scared but still stubborn. Determined not to give me a chance to even touch her heart with any love or care. I gave her the plate and let her eat without bothering her. My attention was on the film and I looked at her after a while. She was fast asleep curled into the corner. I moved closer to her and took the plate away and wrapped her properly with the blanket. Gently lifting her head by holding her cheek, I tried to place a pillow underneath her. She sensed the warmth of my hand on her face. Covering my hand with hers she smiled in her sleep as if she recognized me.
"Tae...I...miss...you. Where did you go..?..."
She mumbled softly rubbing her cheek on my palm, still asleep.
This monster's heart just wanted to surrender to her pure love. I carefully enfolded her into my arms giving her all the loving warmth she deserved, not disturbing her sleep.
Tae: "Tae's right here baby...I missed you too...sooo much...but I've found you now just like you wanted...And I'll never lose you again..." I whispered making sure sure my soft kisses didn't disturb her. I switched off the TV and cuddled her into my chest, letting her breaths warm my cold heart.

Y/n's POV

Few hours later...
I slowly opened my eyes and uncovered the blanket covering my head. It was amazingly warm and comfortable, I didn't really want to get up. But I found myself cuddled in his arms lying on his chest.
I stopped moving. How did I even end up hugging him?! The deep sleep seemed to have made me incapable of remembering how I fell asleep, or even what happened when I was asleep.
I checked my shirt, it was still buttoned up. He was fast asleep, so I moved as slowly as I possibly can releasing myself from him. I got off the sofa bed and looked at him. He looked completely different to the animal he was few a hours ago. Somewhat fragile and loving. I found myself mesmerised and ended up gazing at him for longer than I expected. I forced myself to stop feeling any forms of positive feelings towards him. His feet were uncovered, so I pulled the blanket to cover them and left quickly.

I closed the book with a deep breath. "Hmmm. That ending wasn't as good as I expected, but never mind".
Tucking it back into the shelf, I naturally started to look for another one I could read. My fingers stopped running through the decked books as I heard a soft humming sound. My eyes searched through the gaps of the shelves to find the answer. It was him. I slowly stepped backwards on my toes trying to hide myself among the shelves. Brushing his hair gracefully with his long fingers he disappeared between the shelves. I couldn't see him anymore. I slowly made my way towards the door.

Before I could, his arms slowly coiled around my stomach. He gently attached his body to the back of mine.
"Mmmmnnnn..." he moaned softly snuggling his face into my neck.
"I know where you are just by your scent". He mumbled on my neck.
"Y/N aahhh...Why did you leave me?"

My heart skipped a beat hearing his question. It tugged on my heart shaking it slightly before I composed myself. A question I have a lot of explanation to do when my Tae asks me. But why am I shaken when he's asking me? Besides, he only meant why I left the cinema-room.
I stood still bewildered.

After a minute or so, he turned me around as I was unresponsive to his attention. He bent and tucked himself on my chest and guided my arms to wrap around him. He wasn't forceful but needy. He wanted my attention.
"y/n ahhh...Are you mad at me?"
I didn't answer.
"baby...please.... talk to me. I wanna hear your voice."
He begged still keeping himself enfolded in my arms. He softly kissed my scar and placed few more kisses on my neck. I still didn't respond and he slowly pulled away.
"will you read for me?"
He requested Stroking my cheek and looking into my eyes.
"what do you want me to read?" I asked him hiding my awe.
"So you will?"
He asked with a desperate smile.
"anything...It doesn't matter" he answered impatiently as his His eyes yearningly searched all over my face. I couldn't understand his behavior. Also, I couldn't decide whether I should be scared or surprised. He was a mystery.

He cupped my face with his big hands and brought our lips together. He wasn't rough. Gently pulling me up on my toes, he kissed deep to satisfy his yearning. He lifted one of my leg and wrapped it around his waist, and gently lifted me up to straddle him. I put my hands on his exposed chest, as his untied robe hung loosely on his shoulders. I was afraid to stop, in case the animal in him wakes up again. He continued to kiss deeper with deep breaths keeping his eyes closed. Meanwhile one of his hand randomly slid out a hardcover book from the shelf. Keeping me wrapped around him, he carried me to the sofa and made me sit. He broke the kiss reluctantly as there was no choice for him and placed the book in my hand.

"Go on..."
He placed a soft peck on my nose and sat down next to me. I opened the first page and started to read. The room was in deep silence and only my voice echoed as I started on the first page. He leaned his head on my shoulder and took one of my hand that was holding the book and placed it on his warm cheek. I paused from reading for a brief moment and then continued. He held it in place by placing his hand on top of mine as I read.

My heart raced faster and faster as the memories unfolded inside me. My fingers unconsciously started to softly pat his cheek due to habit. The weight of his head gradually became heavier as he fully rested it on my shoulder. He didn't hold my hand in place anymore. Yet, my hand was still on his cheek patting him.
His breaths were steady and calm. He was fast asleep. Tears flooded in my eyes but I didn't let it pour out. I tried to continue to read, but my words got stuck in my grief tightened throat.

I slowly took my hand off his cheek, bewildered at myself. I couldn't stay in there any longer and If I do will burst out crying. Lifting his head with my hand I slowly got up and placed one of the sofa cushion under his head for support. He didn't wake up. I stood up straight and the tears poured down cheeks. A loud whimper forced itself out of my heaving chest. I trapped it in by tightly shutting my mouth with both of my hands and slowly walked backwards watching him.