~5 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐒💜

Start from the beginning

This one had to do with the street boys, I knew how brutal it could go, especially if someone gets killed.

Aro

Eloho marine

Die it

I didn't pick anything else, because my legs were almost touching my head in the race

Even though I was to die by guns, not those ones oh.

You need to see how ugly they were, you could tell they were handmade. No surviving from that.

Ewo

I shall not die by gun.

I shall not die

Jesus

Jesus

Save me oh

As ridiculous as it was sounding, those were my words, as I ran as fast as I could.

Suddenly I felt someone pass me with so much force and speed.

Looking ahead, it was Jomjom running like it was end time.

I almost choked on laughter, on instinct.

This was a critical condition, but I couldn't control it. I was laughing, especially with how fast Jomjom was.

I was laughing so hard, that I was almost choking.

So hard I could feel a tear roll down my cheek.

Jomjom was running.

This was something new.

To be frank.

I had stopped in front of a pepper soup joint, Mama Tega's Bear parlour. It was very popular because she had one of the best pepper soups in town. She was good, although some of those jobless men, didn't only come over for her soup. Her sales girls and two of her daughters helped her, I had seen some of those men, occasionally take them to a corner.

"Nigga. Those guys selina, no be tie tie oh. ( Those guys Selina isn't the tied ones.) Na correct wincherman do them. (It's a good native doctor that did it for them." Jomjom says looking grim.

I smiled.

The Jomiloju I knew never backed down in a fight, to see him run like that. He had seen something he couldn't carry.

"I don't know what that ekuke problem is," I say calling the guy who tried to harass me names. With the amount of bullying I get sometimes, I am been pushed to join cultism. But whenever I think about my sisters and the fact I am the only one they have got and putting them in such danger, it weakens me.

One thing about the streets, when you get in, getting out is totally messed up. If you mistakenly bite more than you can chew, your family members will face the consequences.

Some persons that don't know me, seeing the friends I hang around with, would mistake me to be a cultist, even though I wasn't, I preferred it that way. I got some levels of respect.

Especially with the business I am into. I was already into the streets, it was a rough sea. Going deep, there wasn't going to be a going back, I wasn't ready for that.

"Fuck them," Jomjom says, bringing out a pack of cigarettes.

That moment I remembered he had a show tonight.

"Lighter?" He asks me, meanwhile I search my inner pocket. I wasn't with a lighter, but a matchbox.

I handed it over to him, he took a draw, before handing it to me. I follow suit, then give it back to me.