Frostbite

Chris's pov
Lash wasn't looking good, sure she was warming up, but her eyes were dull, even though she was clinging to the emerald for dear life. I touch her gloves and shoes, which she didn't take off before diving into the waterfall, the sports shirt and pants i didn't dare mess with for her privacy, but they were still wet, in fact, ice covered them. Oh no. I pull the gloves off and martin asks," whats wrong bro?" " her clothes are covered in ice. She's not getting better because her body is still in contact with freezing clothes. It's not letting her warm up fully." Martin gasps as i take off her shoes and socks carefully, putting them and the gloves by the flames and martin tosses me an thermal blanket and i throw it over her as i look at the doll she gave me, and martin says." I hope she'll be ok." " she will, she's a fighter, we just have to wait out the storm, luckily the waterfall is fresh water, so we won't die of thirst." Martin nods." I wonder how error's doing out there, i talked with them both, both seem to be so wrapped up with what happened in the past that it closes them from being better people." " whaddya mean bro?" " Error shoved me out the instant i tried to help him drop his guard, and Lash almost did the same, but she more gently pushed me out, esspecially when i brought up how they first met each other, she seemed... lost in thought." " huh, well if they don't wanna tell us yet we won't ask, they don't feel comfortable telling us yet, so i won't push it." Martin nods understanding and yawns." You gonna stay up Chris?" I nod," i'll take first watch, i'll wake you when i get tired bro, get some sleep." Martin nods and lays back, slipping into sleep and i pull out my journal, starting to write more observations about Lash and Error, thier tightness about how they met made me wonder just how bad it was. The fact that both shut the doors to thier past, it's unhealthy for anyone to not face the past, esspecially since it seemed like Lash blames herself for something. She had insisted that she climb, not me, almost if she didn't want my life in jepordy. I sigh as i look to lash, her small form rising and falling with every breath, who knows? Maybe they'll open up in time.

Hours pass and i hear lash groan as she slowly sits up, and opens her eyes to show thier emerald green glow, good, she's doing better." W-what happened? All i remember is the cold blizzard before feeling this jacket around me, then darkness. Why are my gloves off?" I chuckle," they were still wet and not doing much to help your body tempature, but once you collapsed we hurried you into the cave, the blizzards too strong for us to travel through and get back to the tortuga and calls aren't making it through the storm." She sighs, her ears flick down as she stands up, and walks over to her gloves, feeling them before pulling them back on, as well as her socks and shoes." Yeesh, what a situation. You two ok?" I nod," martin is sleeping, but we were more worried about you, when you passed out your eyeglow was almost gone, even while holding the emerald." She nods," i see, well i'm certainly feeling better, but if the storm's as bad as you say we can only wait until it passes. I know error will be ok, he can't die after all, but he can get seriously injured." " sounds like you speak from experience." She laughs softly." Yeah.... you could say that, i mean you saw how battered he was versus ink. We've had worse problems in the past." She sits down, her ears down as her eyes gaze into the flames and i decide to ask, careful with my words," whats got you in your brain?" She chuckles, saying," memories of a friend error once really liked, like girlfriend boyfriend liked." " oh? Whats her name?" " her name was SkyKnight, as she was a dual sided girl. A sister to me, heck my first mission with her and her team lead me to error. She left us too soon." Her ears flatten and i ask," what happened?" She sighs, curling a bit," i-i....... we were in a battle, error and i were too slow to save them. Thats all that i can bring myself to say." Tears flow from her eyes as sparks of electricity slide down her quills. I carefully hug her, minding the quills as she turns and cries into my jacket. After about 5 minutes she pulls away, looking at her comms, and then taps some buttons, looking at a map, which projected upward like a hologram, she looks it over, a dark blue dot, icy blue dot, and a green dot all close together, i spot another trio, a black dot, a orange dot, and a pale yellow dot all together, but her eyes were locked onto two dots, a Silver and a Gold dot." Who're those two?" " gold is Error, but the Silver, ink's is rainbow, so he's not there, could it be? Hmmm, no, hers was a much brighter orange and gold color. That's gotta be someone else, but i don't know who. Not off the top of my head. Either way, error's deep in the storm and far from the tortuga, i hope he's ok." I softly nod and i say," he's below the other person, so maybe he's hiding from them?" She nods, moving the map around and zooming in, the dots becoming outlines and she gasps as do i, there stands a strange form of a hedgehog, looking down at error's form, which now looked strange, frozen in the position of reaching up, and the other hedgehog is feeling above them." Thats no hedgie i know, but that position... we can get to him." She shuts off the map and holds up the emerald." Wait, you just nearly froze to death a few hours ago, you said it yourself its too dangerous." " the other hedgehog's out there, so the storm must've already blown over, i can teleport you guys to the tortuga before running back, either way, error needs help. And i'm not failing him too!" There was no talking her out of it." Then go, when martin wakes up we'll see how the storms doing, we can handle ourselves and if your still out there by then, we'll both come." She nods," thank you. Chaos Control!"
Lash's pov
As the warm rays of the gem pass through me and i land nearby, the storm sure enough just wisps in the distance, i turn on the map again, leaping off and i turn it off, knowing where i'm running i stop on the edge of an icy lake, the other hedgehog being as white as snow, with gold bands that had cyan designs on them, punching the ice and i slide onto the ice, asking." Whats wrong?" " someone's frozen in the ice, they're still alive and i can't get them out!" I nod and i look down, seeing error there, i gasp and i nod, plucking a quill from my back, i stab it into the ice." You got a name hedgehog?" I ask kindly and he says," Silver, you?" " Whiplash, and in there is my brother error, he won't die, but he can't get out himself, do you know any way we can get him out faster?" He shakes his head." I have Pychokinesis, thats how i know he's alive in there, and i can lift stuff, but i don't know how to help him." I think about it." I have an idea, i could use my ball form to help act as a drill. I would just need something pushing me in deeper till i can break the ice entirely." Silver nods," i'll throw you at the ice, it should cause at least enough of a dent that you can get down there." I nod, "there's no time to loose." I leap into the air, curling tightly into a ball of quills as i feel something grab me and silver yells, throwing me at the ice and i spin, hitting and digging in, becoming a drill of pure momentum as i keep spinning, heat causing the ice to start melting and cracking, i quickly uncurl and push off, landing back on the surface as i see error's hand starting to move. Silver leaps in and uses his shoe to start breaking the ice and i grab error's hand, it being freezing cold and weak to grip mine, letting me know he's still there. I pull, and silver uses a branch to further crack the ice, it finally shattering and freeing error as i pull him out to the surface, gasping weakly, and shaking so much i doubt he could stand, silver climbs out of the hole and asks," how is he?" " weak and exhausted, he's barely awake too. We better get him back to the tortuga before another blizzard hits." " we?" Silver asks suprisingly, and i nod," you saved error and lead me right to him, he'll want to thank you once he regains his strength. Besides, some human friends i have would love to meet you." He gasps and smiles, as i softly smile back. I hit my comms and i hit chris's and Aviva's names, calling them as they both pop up." Hey Lash, good to see you up and about, what's up?" Aviva says and i say," better, but error got trapped in a lake, somebody i found helped me get him free, we're on our way to the tortuga, error's in definite need of some stuff to warm him up." " good that you found him then Lash, who was that other hedgehog we saw on the map?" " you'll meet him soon, storms entirely blown over, so you guys are free and clear." " ok, thanks for the report lash, we'll be back as soon as we can!" The call ends and i start walking toward the tortuga, since i didn't want to risk injuring error running, or loosing the new friend we had gained.