Second Emerald

Error's pov
After the cave incident i notice the suspicions of the humans arise, esspecially aviva's after inspecting the suit martin used, i hold the disk in my quills, and i can feel it's draw to my Destruction magic. It was a stupid idea to even make the thing, but if she hadn't.... i push the thought aside, after all, what happened happened. I get up to go on a run, and martin grabs my arm lightly, causing me to flinch and glitch, but i manage to ask," what do You wAnt marTin?" " i just wanted to ask about that ink dude. Lash seemed terrified of him when she spotted him. Even rushing you to safety so she could properly attack him." My ears go down, i had expected this, but that part of my past.... nobody knew the full extent." He was my rival in another life of sorts, but i will not tell you any more, as it was a long time ago, but he can't dismiss a grudge." I rip my arm free, boosting away.
Lash's pov
I watch error boost away and i hear him tell martin the barest of basics that i knew. I walk over and i say," error used to not be a hedgehog, but something much, much more, like that skeleton in the cavern, i never knew him like that, but i've seen the form. I think Ink won more then error." " why do you say that lash?" " because his true form is nearly destroyed, scarred from the top of his head to his toes, his ribs literally fall off at the lightest poke!" Martin looks down," he doesn't look so pathetic as a hedgehog, sure he's really skinny, but nothing that seems that.... broken." I nod," he doesn't like to talk about it, says this is his life, and he's glad to be rid of his old self, it's freeing in a way i guess. At least, thats what little he's told me." Martin nods," i see, but good thing i slapped a tracker on ink, so we always know where he is." " where did you put it?" "In his skull, i had the speed so i just did it." I facepalm with a chuckle," yeah he's never finding that, good spot."  Martin chuckles asking," how do you know?" " because error told me if i was ever fighting a skeleton and wanted to plant a tracker, the ribs and the skull are the best place to do so, so yeah, maybe you can keep up on your feet." I smirk and martin goes," hey! I am the younger of us two, but i am a very quick thinker." I nod," uh huh, how about the time Donita shoved you in a dress? Yes, i've heard from jimmy." Martin facepalms and i laugh. My quills tense as he asks," so how did error and you meet?" I sigh, debating it over and i say," it wasn't the best encounter. I'm not sure if i should say, it leads into..... pain" my eyes dim and i feel my mind explode with painful memories, i feel my quills sparkle with energy and i take a soothing breath, barely stopping myself from exploding." Sorry, but.... it's still too raw to pull off the bandage yet. If i were to talk about it, i doubt the tortuga would survive my raw energy. I need a run." Without another word i burst off and martin cries out, but i'm already miles gone. I keep running, a moonlit night playing in my head, a golden blur locked in my vision, pain exploding across my stomach, then later, a fennic fox standing in front of me, fading between black and orange, before exploding with electricity, and a snapping sound resounding behind me. I finally stop, standing ontop of a crazy high cliff on a snow capped mountain, i take in deep panting breaths, forcing the memories back, as sobs start to rack my body and i cry, before i manage to calm my raging thoughts, i punch the ground, creating a small shockwave of electricity, melting away the snow under my feet and i manage to relax, panting. It wasn't error's fault Sky was gone, or mine, despite my attempts to save her, but we both blamed ourselves for not being fast or strong enough, maybe if our meeting had been better, things would've been different.My ears down now, i curl up, in a ball form, and i wait out the pain.
Only an hour passes and i finally uncurl, when i feel a pulse of Chaos, directly below me! An emerald had to be here! My pain forgotten i look over the edge, spotting the bottom edge of a cave, but how would i get down? I jump, i don't know what'll happen to me. So thats out. I really don't wanna call the kratts in case, i already had martin digging too deep, they're nice people and all, just a touch nosy into matters that don't concern them. No way i can slide down, not even a way to make a rope nearby. Guess it's down to good old rock climbing, i reach over to my comms and i type to error," gonna be climbing and caving, i'll rip my doll if i need help." Before i start my climb down, easily moving my way down. It only takes me about 5 minutes to reach the top edge, so i hop down and curl, landing safely as i uncurl, standing up and i look around, the cave being rather dark, and unlike error, i don't have the best night vision, so i click a button on my comms to shine a flashlight down my wrist and hand so i can see perfectly. I walk through the cave for awhile, listening to the still cave.... something didn't feel right, i knew it, so i kept my light pointed near the ground. The sound of roaring water hits my ears and they flick back and flick around as i locate it, determining it to be ahead, must be an underground river or something, since the cave is covered in a beautiful layer of ice. I come out to a large cavern, carved by a massive waterfall, a glow of the darkest blue shines above me and i look up, seeing the emerald up at the top of the waterfall. I groan and i look at my comms, before hitting the call button, then hitting Aviva's name.
Aviva's pov
The main screen pops up with Lash's symbol and i answer it," whats up whiplash?" " there's a Chaos Emerald at my location. The problem is, it's at the top of the cavern with a massive waterfall, so it's too dangerous to climb without rope, think you can send someone with some rope?" I nod," i'll send the kratts as fast as possible. Where are you?" " thats the other fun part, i'll get to the entrance of the cavern, tell the kratts to come to my signal and wait above it. I just need the rope." I nod," i hear you loud and clear Lash, they're on thier way." She nods and dissconnects the call and i call the kratt brothers and they quickly answer, out on a creature adventure." Hey guys, Lash just called, she found the second emerald, but she needs rope to get to it, she said to get above her signal and she'll come to you." And chris answers," she sure she doesn't need a hand? If one of them actually needs a rope thats saying something." " it's an underground waterfall, she likely doesn't want anyone else in danger, esspecially with the subzero tempatures." They nod and martin says," we'll hurry on over and provide support as well, see you soon aviva!" They dissconnect and i sigh, hopefully they'll all be ok. Maybe i should call error? No, if lash wanted him involved she would've called him first.
After all, they were family. But i should, mainly cause i'm curious how well her body would handle those tempatures.
I reach over, and i tap the black button recently installed on the keyboard, but all i get is static.
Strange, i tap martins, static again." Koki, is something jamming our frequencies?" She shakes her head," there is a blizzard moving in above them, but error's signal has gone dark."
I nod," i hope he's ok, cause i can't call the others and ask where he is." Koki nods and jimmy hands us both a cup of hot coaco." Here you go ladies, gotta keep warm if a blizzard is rolling through." "thanks jimmy." I say, smiling and i gaze at the map, keeping an eye on the trio of symbols.