liked by @johnmayer & 4.4 million others

Shawnmendes: Can't believe the kid is getting married tonight 🥺❤️

view comments...

fanaccoumt1: omg she's getting married?!

connorbraisher: lil sis is getting married tonight?! 🥲 they grow up so fast!

fanaccount2: i knew aaliyah would end up with jordan!!! i called it!!!

johnmayer: holy shit! have fun at the wedding!

fanaccount3: i hope we get drunk shawn content tonight 🤞🏻

Holy shit, he was famous.... It did not surprise me that i didn't really know because i never really paid much attention to celebrities. I was always busy doing other stuff rather than getting caught up in what celebrities were doing. I was not sure as to how he got famous or why he was famous either. Instead of googling it, I had decided on texting Cindy to see if she had ever heard of him.

Me: SOS THERES A HOT GUY HERE!!!! He's the brides' brother 😵😵

Me: I wanna make it known that I wanted to sleep with him before i found out he was famous btw

Cindy: WHATS HIS NAME?!

Cindy: HELLO BABE! WHATS THE GUYS NAME?!

Me: Shawn Mendes

Cindy: There's no fucking way!!! HES LEGIT SO HOT BABES.

Cindy: but Annabeth i don't want to be the barrier of bad news buttttttt

Me: BUT WHAT?!

Cindy: he just got out of a serious relationship with another singer who he had been in love with since he was sixteen. so all i'm saying is, is good luck. anyways i gotta go!

Cindy: luv yah!

So I guess he probably wouldn't even want anything to do with me... I decided to google images of him and his ex girlfriend, which then made me frown even more. I was completely different from her. She had curves, while I on the other hand did not. I barely had an ass at that. The only thing going for me were my boobs, which honestly weren't even that good either. She also had dark, tan skin, which made sense as she was a latina, compared to me, fifty shade lighter. I was so pale that even the sun could just about reflect from my skin. She also had brown hair, while I had icy blonde.

I decided that if I was gonna gonna start pouting, then I was gonna go get drunk, so I stood up, walking across the room to the bar, ordering a round of more tequila shots. After I showed them my i.d., they handed me four shots. I quickly downed them all, as they kicked in quickly. I steadied myself, walking back to the table my parents and I were seated at.

Around ten minutes later, we were able to go get some food. I grabbed two plates, one for the salad and one for my meal. I scooped up some fresh greens, adding carrots as well as some sliced radishes. I continued on with some caesar dressing as well as a dash of some shredded parmesan. Next I plopped a warm roll on my other plate along with some cheesy scalloped potatoes as well as some vegan chicken cutlets. I then topped the vegan chicken off with some vegan brown gravy. Lastly, I added some warm macaroni and cheese to the plate.

Once I was back to our table, I started to down my food. It was so amazing. Everything was perfect. I loved how Aaliyah took everyone's dietary restrictions into consideration. I found it so thoughtful and sweet of her to do that.

"So Annabeth, what do you think of the food?" my mother asked me as I continued to chew my food and swallowed before answering her question.

"It's sooooo good. Also, did you know that Shaw-" I was cut off by Manny walking over to our table. They had announced that they would be doing a private dance last, for Aaliyah and her father, which was very unique to do for weddings. And speeches would happen way later into the night.

"Randy! Oh my gosh! I'm so happy you guys were able to make it tonight!! How have you all been?" he asked my parents as I sat there quietly, finishing up my food, but not before washing it down with another gin and coke. I was so gonna regret the alcohol consumption in the morning.

"Hey man! We've been good! Annabeth just turned twenty-two. I think last time you saw her she was like four!" my dad chirped out to his old buddy.

"Dang. I could barely recognize her! Shawn just turned twenty-five. And Aaliyah's about to turn twenty-one. Gosh these kids have grown up so much, right in front of our eyes" Manny smiled as his wife walked up, talking to my mother.

"Mom, I am gonna go dance. okay?" I asked my mother, as I got up, walking to the dance floor. I started dancing and moving around, bumping into someone, almost losing my balance thanks to the alcohol and my amazing ability at wearing heels.

However, before I could fall, someone grabbed onto my hips firmly, steadying me, making sure I didn't fall. I looked up into Shawn's hazel eyes, blushing a bright shade of pink. All he did was just smile wide. I also noticed his cheeks were extremely flushed most likely due to his alcohol consumption.

"uh, hey. Thank you for making sure I didn't fall" i smiled shyly up at him. He just smiled softly down at me.

"Shawn, come here!" Aaliyah hollered to her big brother. He quickly turned his head towards his little sister, seeing what she wanted.

"I'll catch yah around Annabeth" he smiled down to me, letting go of my hips, walking over to his little sister. Then it hit me, I never once told him my name.

As the night went on, my parents got restless, and were ready to leave, however, I wasn't. "Annabeth, we're leaving. We have to both work tomorrow" my father said with a sigh escaping his lips, most likely due to the reminder he had to be up early the next morning. I assume Shawn had overheard because he came by.

"Oh my goodness! First off hi Mr. and Mrs. Franklin. I haven't seen you guys in forever!" Shawn spoke with the biggest smile on his face.

"Oh my gosh, Shawn, you've grown so much. I remember when you were about this tall the last time I saw you!" my mom spoke as she leant her hand out flat, estimating his height the last time she saw him.

"Yeahhhh I started growing like a weed when I hit about thirteen" Shawn chuckled back to my mom before continuing. "Also, I may have overheard that Annabeth didn't want to leave yet. She's more than welcome to stay at my place for the night. My condo is just a few blocks away. I also didn't drive tonight because I knew I'd be drinking. So you don't have to worry about me driving" he smiled genuinely to me and my parents.

"I'm fine with it. I'll be back home tomorrow" I said to my parents as I hugged them both, before they walked away.