Epilogue

Five Months Later

Matt watched Lanie, Raphael and former Governor Harmond reunite in jail forever. He felt the biggest weight of his life lift off his shoulders. Jenna's house had been inspected and a fake concrete wall, pretty much Styrofoam, had been put up. The memories terrified her, and so she was moving to a different home. Lanie Harmond had been all over the news with the faking of her death.

Matt went to his car outside the penitentiary. He drove to the park where he and Jenna were going to meet.

He spotted her car and stepped out to meet her. She was dressed in an olive colored cardigan, white shirt, and jeans.

"Hey gorgeous."

Jenna pretended to look around, "Who, me?" She smiled and took his outstretched hand.

Matt walked along the path with her. She was doing better, her therapy helped. She opened up to him a lot, talked about her feelings, even told jokes.

"Do you think that if I was to get a dog, Snickers would hate me?"

They had found Snickers hidden in her garage, more freaked out than Jenna had been. "Probably. You already give Ted too much attention. A dog would be favored by you, and Snickers might just actually like me better."

"No, I think that a dog would bring my family together." Jenna thought aloud. "I mean, there's always a little sibling rivalry."

Matt laughed, "Right."

"I'm just saying. A dog would liven up my life a bit. You know, add some spark." Jenna's eyes twinkled with mischief when she looked at him.

Matt pretended to be hurt, "What am I? Chopped liver? I add spark to your life."

"If you mean sparks as in chemistry, I would have to agree with you."

Matt shook his head, grinning. "Dork."

"Weirdo."

"Blonde."

"Oh, you didn't." Jenna shoved his shoulder with hers.

"But I did."

Jenna laughed. "Nicole told me something interesting today."

"Oh? What would that be?"

"That I should be prepared for a memorable night tonight."

Matt took one look at the gorgeous sunset and decided it was time. He pulled a small box out of his pocket and got down on one knee. "Yeah, this night will be pretty memorable."

He didn't miss the way Jenna's eyes lit up. "You're-"

Matt opened the box, "Will you marry me?"

Jenna let him slide the ring on, "A thousand times yes."

Matt stood and wrapped her in his arms. He kissed her, loving the fact that she was going to be his soon. All his.

"How long?"

Matt stopped. "How long for what?"

"Until our wedding."

"How long do you want to wait?"

"I would elope with you but you know how Nicole is."

Matt laughed. "How about two months?"

"Works for me. But what if we got married before that and just had a celebration thing? I'm thinking like something this week-"

Matt stopped her and kissed her again. He felt her laughter. He could hear her heart. He knew she was the one. If this night was as perfect as he could imagine, he wondered what the wedding would be like.

And by the look in Jenna's eyes, he knew it was going to be even better. 

Restored (Colorado Crimes Book 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara