“What would have?"

“You saving his life."

Louis licked his lips, silent again.

“He said that himself. In front of you! Why do you forget that?"

“It's hard to think about that when I have my mind on something else."

“Well it shouldn't be on the thing it's on."

“Well it is."

Zayn sighed, turning his voice low. “Louis, you can't keep doing this to yourself. What's been done is done. It's in the past. Everyone has moved on, why haven't you?" Louis stayed silent again. “I can't see you like this."

Louis looked at his tea cup, not a word coming out of his mouth. He didn't know what to say. Him and Zayn have had this conversation numerous of times before but every single time Louis was left speechless. He didn't quite know the right thing to say, or even to think. He knew Zayn was right in a way but wasn't Louis right too?

The fact that neither knew Harry's feelings. It was obvious to Louis about how the lad felt towards his dead husband. He knew Harry's feelings for him were fading away without a doubt. To anyone else it would've been a shock to see someone move on so quick but Harry had his feelings start to disappear a while ago. And he had a fair reason for that so no one can question him on it.

Louis really, really wanted to tell Harry how he felt. He did want to when he helped Harry get his apartment after starting everything brand new. He wanted to at the time of having to meet Harry every time for his education purposes. He had to every time Harry talked about the boyfriend he had. He wanted to when Harry came to tell about his engagement. He wanted to when Harry came with the invitation to his marriage. He wanted to at Harry's wedding. And he still wants to now.

But a barrier still stood in between. Though Harry's husband was now out of the equation, it wouldn't be fairly right of Louis to barge onto him and break the news to him.

The fear eating him away now was that Harry is independent. Back then he didn't have anyone except Louis and the guys to lean onto. Now he can help himself out. If Louis tells him how his heart beats just at the very sight of him, Harry can walk out without glancing back and wouldn't have any problem with it.

“I don't know, Zayn." Louis mumbled.

“What don't you know?"

“He could run away. He wouldn't ever want to see my face again. Anything can happen. I fear him running away from me. At least right now I have him. Not in the way I want but I... I still have him." Louis shrugged, defeated.

Zayn rarely ever saw his best mate in a condition like this. He couldn't help but feel sorry for Louis. But god forbid, he wouldn't say that out loud to him. He knew how much Louis loathed being pitied. Hence his tough facade in front of others.

“Lou, I know Harry isn't gonna move on from his husband's death this quick. But I do know he will eventually. And honestly you're the one he trusts the most in this world." Zayn stopped to examine Louis before continuing. “I know he likes you, though. Like I always say, if he didn't he would've gone long time ago. Yet he stayed. Doesn't that speak for anything?"

“What if he stayed just because of you and Paul?" Louis raised a brow.

“That would've happened if we were living almost a decade ago. Right now, it's all you. Trust me." Zayn confidently said.

“He stays because of you two too."

“You the most. I said trust me." Zayn patted Louis' shoulder before exiting the kitchen.