Chapter 12

"Goodbye, Niall."

"See ya evening."

And Harry walked out of the apartment, off to school to start another day of his job. Niall wasn't to leave that day till about two hours later.

Harry went out and took his normal route to the school building. He wasn't feeling any better since the talk with Niall he had a few nights back but he did admit that it was needed. He needed to talk to someone, let it out, have someone hear it all.

An hour later, Niall was going through the morning paper and eating up his cereal on the kitchen counter when the door bell rang. He didn't expect anyone to arrive at such a time. Usually no one was ever home at this hour.

Wiping his mouth, he got up and went the door. He peeked through the home and saw a man in his late twenties. Frowning, cause he did not know that person, he opened the door anyway.

The guy on the other side looked up immediately and made eye contact with Niall.

"Can I help you?" Niall asked.

"Uh... yeah, actually. Um, does a Harry Styles live here perhaps?" The guy asked unsurely.

"Who are you?"

"Louis Tomlinson."

Niall looked Louis up to down and wasn't sure to give away that Harry lives there or not. "Not saying that he lives here but what do you want from him, if I may ask?"

Louis licked his lips and inhaled. "Look, man, just tell Harry that a guy named Louis Tomlinson is here. He'd let me in, he knows me."

"I've never heard of you, just saying."

"Come on, pal."

"Look, this is my place and I'm not gonna tell you who does and doesn't live here."

"I know Harry lives here. I know he pays the rent. I know everything, alright? So cut the crap and call him out."

Niall raised one eye brow. "He's not home."

Louis bit his lip, trying to control his anger towards Niall. He was about to says something but Niall spoke first.

"Wait a minute. Are you the guy that he used to live with before?"

Louis was actually relieved that Harry did talk about him. He nodded as a reply.

Niall snorted, crossing his arms in front of himself. "Well, then he's definitely not gonna wanna meet you, mate."

Louis got confused. "What?"

Niall nodded. "Trust me."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Aren't you the only one he had for the past decade or something?"

"Uh, yeah. Yes, that'll be me." Louis said unsurely.

"Wow. And you have the guts to come here."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Harry's been bloody sick because of you. I know I've known him for just a little time but that boy is down right shredded because of you."

"Wh- I- That's what I'm here to clear out. I did nothing-"

"Yeah, yeah, of course you didn't. Harry's the stupid one, innit? Crying and slumping all over the place for nothing. I don't want drama on my doorstep so if you please..." Niall began closing the door but Louis stopped it with his hand.

"Wait!"

Niall groaned. "What?"

"What do you mean he's been crying and slumping?"