33.

Warning ⚠️:

This chapter contains blood, death, violence, vomiting, and other situations or mentions that some readier may find triggering or disturbing. Reader descetion is advised.

•••••

Vincent's pov-

Me and Smii7y walked through the tall metal doors, the dark hallway looking so much scarier than it should have been.

"Uh, aren't there usually security guards on every floor?" Smii7y asked. I hummed as we started to walk into the void.

"Yeah...which is weird why we haven't ran into any of them yet." I muttered. I switched my night vision on, the room lighting up in green. I gianced to Smii7y, who seemed completely unaffected by the dark. I mean, he is a cat, he's nocturnal.

We were on the very bottom floor. It was under construction, so there wasn't any working lights other than a few torches every twenty feet or so. The gas chambers were supposed to be hidden, since some of the gases were addicting. Almost like drugs.

Ben had hid the chambers, since he didn't want any of the scientist lacking off and overdosing on them, since it's happened before. The only one who really knew where the chambers were and all the passwords to unlock the doors, were Dr. Lulu.

She had hacked into the professors system, and read through all the passwords till she had found the right one.

"So, there's like fifteen different doors here. Which one is it?" He asked. I hummed as I stared at the vault doors, scanning over each one. I glanced down at the blue print paper, hoping it labeled any of the doors since there weren't any here.

"Well shit. Looks like we'll have to improvise." I said, folding the blue print and stuffing it into my pocket.

"What do you mean by that?" He questioned. I snorted and turned to face him.

"How good is your sense of smell?" I asked, ignoring his question. He huffed and glared at me, setting his fists on his hips.

"You suck ass." He said, before walking ahead and going up to one of the vaults. He pressed his hands to the metal and leaned forward, inhaling deeply. He glanced at me and shook his head before moving to the next door.

He sniffed each door, shaking his head at me each time till we got to the eighth one. He leaned his head forward, only sniffing for one second before his nose scrunched up, and he immediately hunched over. He made a quick gag before he puked out clear vomit.

I backed up a bit, holding my nose as his retching soon turned into dry heaves. He panted, walking away from the door and making his way to my side. After what felt like a minute of me staring at him in concern, he finally spoke.

"It's most definitely that one." He said, putting on a grimace as he eyed the door. I burst out laughing, setting my hands on my knees to hold myself up.

"What?! It smells like literal dog shit!" He exclaimed in awe, shaking his head like he was impressed. I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Here. This might help a bit." I said, handing him one of the big gas masks we found at the front earlier. He immediately took the mask and strapped it to his face, making him look like an astronaut. I laughed before putting mine on as well.