26.

McNasty's pov-

I huffed as me and Droid set the last of the knocked out scientists in one room. There was a lot of them, so we had to move them to a much bigger area. Luckily, we found a staff cafeteria at the end of the hall, so we put them all in here.

"Was that the last person?" I asked, looking over to Droid as he set a guy down in a chair. He hummed and nodded.

"Yup. Geez, there's a lot of people that work here." He said, laughing as he gestured to the filled up tables with slouched over bodies. I chuckled and nodded. We had gotten a few scratches and bruises from the humans fighting back, but other than that, we were all good.

I then twitched my ears as I heard a loud groan. I glanced at Droid, and he had the same confused look as me. I looked around at the unconscious bodies, until I saw movement at the corner of my eye. It was man. He was slowly sitting up in his chair at a table.

I quickly walked over to him, and grabbed his head. I was about to knock him about again, until he smiled up at me. A crazed expression on his face.

"I remember you..." He said in a gruff voice. I glanced back at Droid, confused.
He shrugged and shook his head.

"You too...your project 147 and 145...I remember now." He said. I frowned at the familiar numbers, and glanced down at his name tag. It was unmarked. I growled at him and barred my teeth.

"I remember you too... unfortunately..." I said.

Flashback-

I curled into a ball as I lyed in the dark. The cold floor making it difficult to stay warm, I curled my tail around my body. The door then opened, flooding in light from the hallway. I let out a whimper unvoluntarily, trying to push myself in the corner of the room.

The human sighed as he saw me, turning the light on to light up the room.

"Looks like you got out again, huh?" The human said. I tried to growl to assert my dominance against this man. I mean, I am a fox, an he's a puny human, but unfortunately the growl came out as a strangled whine. The man chuckled as he shut the door, leaving us alone.

"Do me a favor and get back on the table before I strap you back on." The man said, putting on white gloves. I trembled in fear, too scared to move. The man sighed before walking over to me, startling me. He grabbed my neck, pinching my fur and picking me up like a cat. I huffed as he plopped me on the cold metal table.

I closed my eyes tightly, as I knew what was coming. The man grabbed a needle and stabbed it into the back of my neck, numbing my entire neck and shoulders. He chuckled and took another needle. I looked up at him worriedly as he smirked at me.

"Today's gonna be a bit different foxy~" He said. And before I could do anything, I felt the needle pierce my neck again, but instead of it being numb, I felt a rush of adrenaline. I felt my body trembling as my claws shot out of my paws, leaving scratch marks on the table. I couldn't move, but the pain was spreading faster. My body feeling on fire at this point.

I let out a series of yelps, loud enough that the animals in the next room could most likely hear me. The man chuckled as he patted my head, pulling the needle out of my skin.