Chapter 12. The Broken Spell

A soft humming was carefully cradling me whilst I felt a gentle and soft hands running through my hair. I looked towards the mirror and saw my mother behind me fixing my hair.

''Mom, did I got your hair?'' I asked, my voice sounded so frail and delicate. I looked at my mother's reflection and saw her tense up a little but.

She slowly smiled at me as I turned my body towards her looking up. Her freckles were visible through her soft and pale skin. ''Yes, your beautiful hair is from me. Don't tell it to your father though, he will get upset. He always assumed that you got everything from him.'' My mother chuckled as I got up and sighed.

''We have to go.'' I looked her with a confused look as she proceeds towards the door. Her steps seemed so light that she was flying. I noticed her in a night dress flowing on the ground covering her feet. ''Where are you going?'' I asked whilst I followed her, but it seems like I was stuck in my place.

''Mom where are you going?'' I raised my voice but she didn't turned at all. She kept on walking slowly when she finally reached the door.

Tears were threatening to spill. I was confused and angry. I tried to run but the room appeared huge and long as the door was getting far away from me.

''No!'' I yelled as I saw my mother being engulfed by the darkness which was now getting near me. I closed my eyes and gave in to the void.

A gasp escaped from my mouth as I looked around me. Bones and ashes was surrounding me.

I ran my hand through my hair and felt dry blood on my head, and suddenly everything came flooding back,

The date, the confession of Scott, the encounter with Kate and her berserkers and Scott's pleading scream.

Drops of water was the only thing that I was able to hear when I decided to get up and try to escape once again.

I looked at the gate and noticed that it was now open. I ventured carefully through the gate opening it with all the strength I had left. ''Scott?'' My voice seemed so weak and small that I was sure no one actually heard me.

''Scott'' I walked down the hall of the ruined temple as I kept my guard up. Something is telling me that It isn't safe to go on a hunt party for Scott, but I needed to know that he was okay, I needed to know that I still have him.

As I proceed my journey down the room, I quickened my pace but carefully looking at my back for any signs of intruders or berserkers. My hand were clutched tightly on the wall since everything was pitch black.

A soft growl made me turn and run a little bit faster but it was no use, because in front of me I saw a berserker standing there, waiting for me. I quickly turned my heels to escape, but the moment I did that move, another berserker appeared right on my face.

It didn't hesitate to take me and drag my like a doll before smashing me on the wall. I gripped on its hands trying to stop it from hurting me, but it was no use. I let out a yelp as my back collided into a rock.

I tried to fight this creature when I noticed something strange on its arm. It was a tattoo, but not just any other tattoo. It was Scott's. A hope lit inside me but it faded away quickly. I looked right into the berserkers eyes and saw Scott's eyes.

It can't be him. The creature in front of me was not the person I fell in love with. I was looking at the eyes of a dead creature. Those eyes were craving for something. Something like death, something that Scott would never ever crave.

After that revelation, I felt my body go numb. This creature in front of me continued to drag me along with him as he dropped me to the floor once I heard a growl. ''I'm going to have a better job on covering that up.'' I looked up and saw Kate walking towards me.