Chapter 9. Perishable

The wind was rushing through my hair as I kept in through the woods. It was dark and the only light that was guiding me was the half moon light. I stopped from my track as I looked up in awe. 

The cold weather wasn't bothering as I felt chills running down my spine. I crouched on myself crossing my feet just looking at the view of the town beneath me. I looked up and started to think of my family. Or should I call my adoptive family.

Who am I even kidding? Obviously they are my true family, since I don't even feel the bond of my real family specially my so called mother who is a wanted among the hunters and assassins. 

''Hey mom, dad and Jake. What's up?.. Here I am trying to overcome the loneliness. It's been crazy since you guys left. Oh we fought the Nogitsune; Remember him? Stiles is okay now. Our mission is completed, we should be in Savannah right now but instead here I am, still in this stupid town, trying to survive from assassins. I wish you were still here with me to kick their stupid little asses.'' I chuckled wiping my tears away 

''I am looking lik a fool right now. I know you guys can't hear me. Well it's okay, being pathetic is what I am good at. I love you all, mom, dad well obviously you too Jake..'' I sighed resting my head on legs as the tears streamed down my cheeks. 

''I knew I'd find you here.'' I heard a familiar voice but I didn't bother to look up to see who it is. ''Can I seat here?'' Scott asked but I didn't say anything. I guess he didn't receive the  vibe I was giving him to go away since he crouched down next to me looking up at the moon. 

''Isn't it beautiful?'' He said without taking his gaze over the moon. His eyes were shining under the moonlight. I looked the other way as he sighed. ''You know.. This used to be mine and Allison's meet up. We used to send secret messages on when we were gonna meet.'' I looked at him as he looked back at me.

''You really loved here, didn't you?'' I asked ''Oh yes. She was my first love. You know, I never had love before. It was something new for both of us, something scary but worth it. Can I ask you something? He said.

Suddenly I felt nervous for what he was about to ask. I nodded at him and he faced his body to me. ''How about you? Have you ever fell in love?'' He asked. 

''Never.. I'm not capable of falling in love..'' I responded back Keeping my face straight as I saw him frown. ''Oh.. How come?'' Scott asked getting closer to me. ''Cause I have walls around me and I don't let them down so easily.'' I said getting up dusting off the dirt.

''It's getting late. I have to go'' I said ready to leave Scott standing in his spot. ''Wait! Why don't you try let them down? Let someone in?'' He shouted as I was walking through the woods. I stopped from walking and looked down.

''Its not that easy, Scott.'' I whispered. I looked back and I saw him jogging towards me. ''I'll show you how to. I know it's hard but trust me that it will get better throughout the days.'' He said looking at me. 

''I know but the problem is I don't want to, Scott. What happens when I let them down? Is it worth it? See Scott, it's not about the people getting to know the true me, the problem is me. And I have good reasons to keep them strong and up.'' I said as the tears on my eyes were threatening to shed. 

Scott took my hands and placed them to his chest getting close to me. ''Just let me in...'' He whispered 

I stood there fighting the urge to  give in. 

I tried to look away but I felt his hands caressing my cheek as he looked into my eyes. My eyes traveled from his crooked features to his beautiful brown eyes. 

His smiled as he brought his lips into mine. It just felt like the last time he kissed me. 

His lips moulded perfectly on mine as my heart was beating fast like it was about to get out of my chest at any moment. I felt my falls crashing down as new emotions sparked inside me. Like fireworks on new years eve.