FOURTEEN

Now upstairs, Yuna was sitting up on her bed with Taehyung's head on her lap, the pair simply staring at each other with no words being exchanged.

She glances down at him with a soft smile, bringing her hand up to gently tug at his hair, brushing her hands through his hair every now and again. "Today was nice," she whispers, looking back up at the lights. "Even though we didn't do much, your company was greatly appreciated," she tells him, looking down at him again and fixing the strap of her dress that was falling down her shoulder.

Taehyung returned the smile, and hummed softly, "Thank you for inviting me over and not kicking me out. I could really use some quality time like this more often than having another fight with my neighbour," he chuckles lightly, turning his head to the side and nuzzling his face against her stomach.

"Just know you can come over whenever you want. You know I'll never turn you down." Her hands shift from his head to his bare back, rubbing small circles and trailing her fingertips softly across his back.

"I'm not sure about that. I can be quite the pain in the ass." He kept smiling at her, appreciating her subtle touch. In return, he left a kiss against the satin of her dress, gently running his hands up and down her hips.

"You're always a pain in the ass. You have been for the last few years, I think I'm used to it by now. Even with that in mind, I'll always be here, with open arms.. and open legs—"

"—Don't worry, you'll have my heart on a plate and my pants on the floor," he says, paying her back with a compliment of the same sort.

"Ah.." she nods, impressed by the comeback. "I've never heard anyone use that. But that was a good one Tae, I like that."

Yuna stares down at him so she could get a better look at his smile. So genuine, it had her heart warming up.

She leaned down towards his face, ghosting her lips over his for a few seconds before finally kissing him.

Taehyung would be quite surprised at first, but he finally started to kiss her back, his hand moving to the back of her head and pushing her closer to him. It felt so good, yet so confusing to him. All this time, he thought only females could feel butterflies in their stomach, but boy was he wrong.

Yuna wasn't exactly expecting him to kiss back, but she didn't know what went through her mind going to kiss him first and she wasn't regretting it.
Maybe she was actually feeling something for him? Not hatred, something else, but she couldn't pinpoint it.

The odd feeling in his stomach and his racing heart gave him trouble with taking deep breaths between the kiss they shared, so he had to pull away to catch his breath. Avoiding Yuna's eyes completely, he lifted his head off her lap to lay on the pillow.

Noticing his reaction, you immediately regretted your actions. The last thing you wanted was to make him uncomfortable. "It's getting late, I'm gonna get to sleep," she mutters quietly, lying back on the mattress and pulling the duvet over her body.

"Goodnight."

Taehyung watched her turn away from him, knowing she regretted everything, and all he wanted to do was grab her face and kiss the shit out of her again, but the confusion was putting him off.

He got under the duvet and moved closer to her, wrapping his arms around her body and pulling her closer to his chest. He left a small kiss on her bare shoulder, whispering softly into her ear,