Chapter 29: Who Wants To Play Hero?

Start from the beginning

"Youm!" A man I barely noticed yelled.

As the creature's next attack was coming down, I stepped in and with my sword severed the leg of the spider, "If you're going to jump in to save people, you should at least have the power to do it before you die." I scolded him.

"You are..." The young man said, "Who are you?"

"You enter the Jura Forest and you don't even know my name?" I asked, turning my back on the spider that screamed in pain.

"Hey, the spider is still-!" Fuze yelled.

"[Silent Tempest]," A gentle breeze passed, the spider fell silent, and so fell its leg as the wind sliced through the spider. "You mean dinner," I turned to look at the legs, "I mean, they look like crab legs... probably taste like crab."

"So... who are you?" The young man asked.

"F/N Dora Tempest," I looked back over my shoulder, "Erebus."

Erebus, in his massive form, appeared behind them, giving them a startle, "Yes, F/N."

"Bring the legs back for me," I looked to the main body and groaned, "Give Kaijin the body, maybe it'll be good materials."

"Understood," Erebus began transporting the body as I interrogated them.

"What brings you here into the forest?" I asked, my sword resting on my shoulder.

Fuze stepped forward, "My name is Fuze. I am the Guild Master in the Blumund Kingdom and I am to meet with the one called Rimuru about the incident months ago relating to the orc army."

"Let me guess," I added to his answer, "You found out he dealt with the situation, investigated it, found out it was true, and came here now to confirm everything else."

"In a manner of speaking," Fuze examined me, "You're the second Lord of this forest."

"In a manner of speaking," I tilted my head, "I had another comment, but never mind... basically, you're here to confirm whether we, a nation of monsters, are a threat. The same as King Gazel had."

"King Gazel visited you?" Fuze didn't seem to initially believe it.

"I could bring us back to the city if you want," Erebus offered, quickly done with his work, shrinking his size to be more approachable. "I'm sure the others would like to try our spoils."

I reminded him, "If Milim gets a taste for crab then we'll need more than a few legs." I pointed my sword in the direction we came from, "If you keep going that way it's clear of the dangerous monsters and shouldn't be that bad of a walk to the city. Just don't get lost and piss off anything."

The three adventurers looked at each other and started whispering. All of which I could hear, Fuze, noticing it, spoke up, "What is it?"

The girl, Eren, spoke up, "Maybe we could use the help to get to the city?"

Fuze looked at Youm, who in turn gestured with his broken sword, "Fine." He asked of me, "Could you bring us to the city, as a sign of good intentions?"

Knowing there was no real choice in the matter, I agreed, "Okay." In the conference room, with a replacement table, the visitors were seated at the table before Shion, Shuna, Benimaru, Milim, and Rimuru arrived. When they did, I explained the situation, "And that's why I'm back early."

"I understand," Rimuru said, plopping onto the table in slime form. "It is a pleasure to meet you Fuze. I am Rimuru Tempest."

Fuze nodded his head, "I received a report from these three after their scout of the forest. First, I would like to thank you for mourning our guild's hero."