Chapter 17

"Naruto" normal Speech.

'Naruto' normal Thought.

"Rasengan" magic/jutsu.

"Kurama" Demon/monster/Bijuu normal Speech.

'Kurama' Demon/moster/Bijuu Thought.

Naruto DxD- Purpose of living

Volume 1: The high school life begin

Chapter 17

"Now that everyone has arrived, I will say the precondition for the meeting. The people here, present, acknowledge the most important and forbidden subject. The absence of God," Naruto sat quietly and listened to the conversation between each leader. Glancing over at Sona, he saw that the girl hadn't shown any surprise at the paramount news. It was possible she had known beforehand. Serafall, the most likely suspect, could have told her everything after Rias' report to her brother, Sirzechs, on the Holy Sword incident.

"Then, acknowledging that, let's start the meeting," with that, Sirzechs' statement, the conference of the Three Factions began.

The conference progressed as smoothly as Naruto had expected. Neither sides held any ill intent for either group despite having fought the others in the distant past.

"That is true. That way way would be better. If it's like now, certainly the three great powers will go down the road of destruction."

It was the truth. Currently, Fallen Angels had the lowest population without direct means for bolstering their numbers. Angels had the Brave Saints system and Angeloids to increase their population while the Devils had the Evil Piece system. If another war broke out it was hard to say which side would be first to perish.

"Well we don't have any particular thing to fuss over."

Turning his head to Issei and Asia, Naruto saw that the two have a hard time comprehending what the leaders were discussing.

Naruto felt Rias take his hand in her own. Her hand was shaking. Naruto could feel how nervous she was, and squeezed her hand gently trying his best to ease her nerves. Once Rias show Naruto's encouraging smile, her nervousness slowly faded away as she knew Naruto was here with her.

"Now then, Rias. Could you speak about the incident a few days before?"

"Yes, Lucifer-sama."

After being urged by Sirzechs: Rias, Sona and Akeno stood up. They each talked about a part of the Kokabiel's recent attack. And everyone belonging to the three great powers listened. Rias summarized the events of the incident in a calm manner. She was nervous when Sirzechs called her name, of course, her nerves were so shot that when she talked her hands balled into shaky fists. Before her, the memories of her imminent death, of Kokabiel, of when Naruto returned to save her again.

Rias knew that with her speech she would change the atmosphere, which didn't really matter as it was already heavy and tense. Naruto sighed, he should have been the one who stood up and talked. Leaving the burden to a young girl to shoulder, Devil or not, who wasn't eighteen yet wasn't like him. But Rias had been there from the beginning whereas he only appeared at the end; therefore, she was more suited to describe it.

Each representative of each faction, who heard the report, had their own reactions. One sighed, someone scowled and another smiled.

"That is all. The report which was I, Rias Gremory, and the household devils over there experienced."

Rias, who had said everything, finally sat down down upon hearing Sirzechs' 'Good word, sit down'. When Rias sat down, Naruto smiled at her and mouthed the words 'Good job'. Rias nodded with her own smile and clasped Naruto's hand with her own loving the feeling of his much bigger hand entwined around her own.