4

Y/n and Briar sat in a cell, Briar's upper arm still bleeding from the arrow. She rips a piece of cloth from the bottom of her sleeve and ties it around her cut to stop the bleeding. That sleeve was now stained red from the blood.

"You alright?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah. Great plan Peter came up with. Loved the part where I almost bled to death," Briar retorted.

"Why did you save me from that place, and then forget about me? Avoided me? Left me in my little area in the woods?" Briar asked.

"Honestly, I thought you didn't wanna see me," Y/n said.

"Bullshit. You just didn't want your baby sister to tag along with you everywhere," Briar retorted.

"You weren't really my sister," Y/n replied. Briar's face went cold and she looked at the ground, hurt.

"Seriously though. What did you do those four years?" Briar asked.

"I was trying to actually do something good to make up for all the pain and suffering that we caused. Trying to be more than just a trined killer," Y/n replied.

"Well then you were fooling yourself because pain and suffering is everyday and we are both still a trained killer," Briar retorted.

"Did you ever look for your parents? Your real ones," Briar asked after several moments of silence.

"Well, my mom abandoned me in the street like garbage. What about you?" Y/n replied.

"They destroyed my birth certificate, so I reinvented it," Briar said, smiling. "My parents live in northern Narnia. My sister moved out west."

"Is that right?" Y/n asks.

"You have a son. And your husband, he's a knight," Briar says. Y/n chuckles.

"That is not my story," Y/n states.

"What is your story?" Briar asks after laughing a bit.

"I never let myself be alone long enough to think about it," Y/n answered truthfully. "Did you ever wish for kids?"

"I want a dog," Briar responded after a moment of thought. Y/n smiles and chuckles a little bit.

A guard then comes and gets them out from the cell. He takes them to a small room first, where Y/n helps clean and properly bandage Briar's cut. He then takes them out of the castle and into town. They reach a small house. The guard knocks on the door. An older woman with dark auburn hair pulled into a braid. She looks at Briar and Y/n.

"Briar? Y/n?" The woman asks in slight disbelief.

"Miraz told you we'd be stopping by, correct? Is Sopespian already here?" The guard asks. The woman nods and steps aside, letting them inside. Briar and Y/n enter, while the guard stays outside. Briar looks at the woman.

"Mamma?" She asks quietly. The woman smiles and nods.

"Come, sit down," She said. The three walk into the kitchen where they see Sopespian waiting.

"Ah! Y/n! Briar!" He exclaims. You can tell he has a false excitement in his voice. The three women can tell, too. "What is with this tension? Did I do something wrong?"

"Is that a serious question?" Y/n asks.

"I only ever loved you girls. I did my best to make sure you would succeed to achieve your fullest potential, and everything worked out," He replied. Briar and Y/n looked at each other in disbelief.

"Everything worked out?" Y/n asked, a little harshness in her voice.

"Yes! I became a Lord. Briar, you went on to become the greatest child assassin the world has ever known! No one can match your efficiency, your ruthlessness," Sopespian replies.