1

Y/n cautiously walks through the forest, her bow and arrow in hand. Briar was nearby. It had been about four years since they last saw each other.

The narnians have kept the two apart during those four years, per the girls request. However, they sent Y/n to get Briar from her spot in the woods.

Why? The runaway prince blew the horn of Queen Susan, and they needed to prepare for the arrival of the Kings and Queens of old.

Y/n kept her bow aimed as she neared the spot the Narnians told her Briar had been staying. She looked around cautiously, looking for her.

"I know your out there," The accented voice of Briar spoke. She had a bored yet annoyed tone to her voice.

"I know you know I'm out here," Y/n replied, not putting her weapon down.

"Then why are you sulking about like it's a battlefield?" Briar responded, still not showing herself.

"'Cause I don't know if I can trust you," Y/n retorted, still keeping her guard up.

"Funny, I was about to say the same thing," Briar remarked. Y/n moved towards where she heard Briar's voice.

"So, we gonna talk like grown ups?" Y/n asked, moving forward.

Briar stepped out from her hiding place, also holding up a bow and arrow. Each girl had their bow pointed at the other.

"Is that what we are? I'm technically still a child, you know," Briar spoke. Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Put the weapon down," Y/n said.

"I will once you put yours down," Briar retorted. Y/n sighed, frustrated.

"Will both of you just lower your weapons? We need to get moving," A voice spoke. The girls looked to see a mouse wielding a sword standing on a tree branch, looking at them impatiently.

"Sorry, Reep," Briar spoke, smiling softly. She looked back to Y/n, her smile disappearing.

"Come on. I know why your here. Reep is right, we need to go," Briar said.

Y/n slowly lowered her weapon. "Can I trust you?"

Briar started lowering her weapon. "No. I can't trust you, either. But we are both needed. Alive. So you can at least be sure I won't be the one to kill you," Briar said, putting her weapon away.

"Well you clearly trust me enough to come with me without a weapon in your hand," Y/n replied, lowering her weapon, still keeping it in her hands.

"I have five knives, three daggers, a sword, and a bow and arrow on me. I'm safe. You should be the one who's worried," Briar replied.

Y/n sighed and began walking with Briar and Reepicheep.

Y/n looked at Briar. "You've grown up," She said. Briar looked at her.

"No shit," She replied.

They walked in silence as they made their way to the narnian meeting place in the woods.

"No. We narnians collectively decided that we do not trust this prince enough for him to meet you two just yet. He may still be skeptical and having you two there could make things worse. You both mean a great deal to us all. We don't want anything to happen to you two. If all goes well, we will bring the telamarine back to the how and meet you two. You both will be escorted to the how to wait. I will see you both later," Reepicheep spoke before hurrying off.

Y/n started to go after him, but was stopped by a Minotaur.

"You heard him. Come on, we're going to the how," The minotaur said. The girls sighed in frustration as they followed the minotaur to the how.