14: Good Luck Out There

Start from the beginning

"You know what, fuck you guys." Yuji said shaking his head. 

The trio of friends looked at each other and laughed at the ridiculousness of what they were talking about in public. "Seriously, you guys need to lay off on that." Yuji said between laughs. 

"We'll lay off this when you lay on that dic-" "LEAVING! You are leaving! Right this instant!" Yuji shouted while laughing, shoving his friends away. 

"I didn't even say it!" "I still heard it!" "You hear everything! Its not fair!". 

Midoriya tilted his head to the side, confused at the exchange. "Oh, has mister secretive not told you his quirk? He does that a lot." Miyazaki said with a smile. 

"Its just enhanced hearing." Yuji grumbled. "Its nothing to go riding home about.". 

Bakugou observed the blue haired boy as he said goodbye to his friends. 

'I can hear that your ribs are broken'. 

He had thought about what Ghost said a lot. Midoriya and Namura had been pretty convinced that Ghost must have heard the actual crack of his ribs and that's how he knew they were broken, but Bakugou wasn't convinced. 

Then he shook his head and schooled his face back into a scowl. There was no fucking way that annoying pretty-boy had anything to do with the hardcore vigilante he totally didn't admire. 

No fucking way. 

--------- ----------- --------- ------- -------- ------- ---------- 

"50 stories not enough for you? Need to fall 60 to learn your lesson or something?". 

Yuji turned around and smiled, although he knew Shota couldn't see it through the mask (which had been stitched back together in secret the day before). "What can I say? I'm dumber than you think I am.". 

"How did your moms let you do this?" The hero asked, "I thought you were grounded.". 

"Pro tip, Eraserhead, if your parents ground you-ignore it.". 

"How'd you get around Ayako?" Shota asked. He had to admit-despite being more than a handful Yuji was entertaining. The kid had a great sense of humor. 

"Here's another tip," Yuji said, "when trying to escape someone with super hearing-its best to have better super hearing.". 

Aizawa chuckled and shook his head in disbelief. "They're going to kill you." He said simply. Yuji shrugged. 

"I'd hope not. They put a lot of effort into having me.". 

There was a beat of silence before Aizawa asked what he really wanted to. "The provisional licensing exam is tomorrow." He said, "Is there a chance I'll see you there?". 

Yuji snorted. "Hell no. I don't even go to hero school, let alone one big enough to take their first years to the licensing exam." He said. Aizawa gave him a questioning look. 

"Why aren't you in a hero program?" He asked gruffly. "With talent and reckless abandon like yours you'd be an excellent hero. You already are an excellent hero. You've made an impact on the neighborhood, people feel safer with you around. That's what heroes are supposed to do.". 

The kid was silent for a bit, considering everything Aizawa had said. "Well I was dealing with the whole trigger thing when applications for school went out. I thought I'd go into gen studies like all my friends. I always figured I'd just inherit my moms' business anyways.". 

"I didn't know you had a passion for boxing?" Aizawa teased. Yuji scoffed. 

"I don't have a passion for it. I have a talent for it. They're two separate things.". The boy sounded almost bitter while saying it.

 Aizawa had to admit-he was right. Although Yuji wasn't going into competitions or boxing for fun, his fighting style was what saved him in the field. He was a strong fighter-stronger than a lot of Aizawa's students who had flashier quirks. 

If Ghost was a normal hero he would have brought him in to teach the kids hand to hand ages ago. 

"Maybe you should consider it. You'll get caught eventually, making this hero gig of yours legal sounds like a good enough idea.". 

Yuji shrugged. "Maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't.". 

"That doesn't make any sense and you know it". 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one: 

Aizawa: Sooooo maybe you're a hero student? Just maybe? Is there a chance? 

Seriously though that was the least subtle way of saying 'kid, you're wasting your potentially running from the police in skateboard knee pads'. 

BTW writing Yuji's friends is so fun. Like they're just the most shameless people you could ever meet. And they're definitely teasing him more than usual to get back at him for ditching the party he was at when the attack at Shino Tower happened 😅

Yuji's moms 100% know he's back to sneaking out and they've called Aizawa and basically told him that he either watches out for their son or they'll report them both to the police. I sometimes forget that it is very illegal for Aizawa to have an unlicensed hero helping him out. 

IDK how I feel about the potential for Yuji to become a hero student. He's got a good thing going now but at the same time Aizawa's kinda right. He'll get arrested eventually. 

Right now its just going to be an inside joke for them tho 

Stay Tuned!