Chapter 40: Are You Kidding Me Right Now?!

Começar do início

Cory's tongue hesitantly touched her lips. It created butterflies in her tummy at the thought of him being considerate of her comfort. She slightly opened her mouth to give his tongue access. Even with his warmth that seeped into her, Gracie still managed to think about the characters in the romance novels she read. The passion. The love that was hidden behind the first kiss.

She realized she kept referencing those Wattpad books, but those were the only experiences she had — even if it was through a fictional couple.

It was at that moment when she realized — this was her first real kiss. Her first kiss ever with her boyfriend in high school was different. She didn't know how to kiss and she kept stepping away because it was awkward, but this was more passionate. Gracie actually felt something.

"Are you kidding me right now?!"

Gracie quickly pulled away, but she absentmindedly touched her lips, the feeling of his kiss lingering.

"Didn't I tell you to stay the fuck away from my boyfriend?"

"I'm so sorry! Y-y-you're right. I'll j's go home."

"No!" He reached out to grab Gracie's wrist again, but turned back to Kendall.

"Cory? What's the matter?"

"I apologize, Mrs. Summers. Can you give us a minute? This won't take long, I promise." Once Gracie's mom got back in the car, Cory turned back around to face Kendall. "When are you gonna get it through that thick head of yours that I am not your boyfriend? I'm not interested in you. I never was."

"You're seriously picking her over me?"

"Yes, I am. It was always her. Not you. Thank you for giving me your number that night. I thank myself for putting it in wrong because if none of that happened, I wouldn't have met her. So thank you, but we're done."

All of Cory's teammates started 'oooooh'ing at her as she crossed her arms and stormed off.

He shook his head at her childish behavior, but refocused his attention on Gracie who was holding in a laugh.

"I'm sorry about that."

Gracie was relieved that bitch was gone and out of their lives. She could freely hang out with Cory and his friends without worrying about Kendall telling her to stay away.

"Thank you for saying all that."

Cory played with her hair and stuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "I meant every word."

She wanted to kiss him again. She wanted to remember the feeling of their lips molding together, but then she remembered that her parents were waiting in the car behind her.

"I gotta go before my dad gets mad. But..."

Gracie's eyes found his lips and swallowed the saliva that was building up in her mouth.

"Maybe you can come over...tomorrow night and we can watch a movie or...something?"

Her hands were sweating, but she subtly wiped them on her pants. It wasn't until after those words left her mouth that she realized she asked him out.

"Or we could go out. We don't...necessarily have to stay in. W-w-we can do whatever you want."

Cory's smile grew at the thought of them hanging out again. He didn't care if they hung out at her house or went to the movies. As long as he got to hold her in his arms all night. Maybe kiss her some more. "I'd love that."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• [ A/N ] ❀ Proofreading & Editing by Julie_ProofEdit