"Why won't you tell me what's going on?" 

  "Everything's fine. I just want to keep an eye on you for a bit," he assures me as we reach our table. "Hazel can you go with Daph to get her stuff and meet me out front?" She nods, taking my hand in hers.

  "You alright?"

  "I wish I could answer that question, but I don't have any idea what's going on. Maybe have Ollie text Chris after we've left," I suggest. 

  She opens the door to the suite. "You sit, and just point out what's yours." And that's what I do, motioning over to my bag in the corner where most of my clothes from earlier just sit on top of it. Hazel being the wonderful woman she is tosses everything inside. "Any of this make up over here?"

  I shake my head no but point over to where the curling iron is sitting. "The Tiffany blue one."

  She tosses it into the bag as well as I give one more scan around the room. "If you've forgotten anything I'm sure Charlotte will let you know," Hazel assures me as she offers a hand. "Let's go."

  We find the bride and groom huddled up at the back door with Chris and Oliver. "I don't mean to sound so panicked but all of this is scaring me," I whisper to Hazel as we walk to join them. 

  "Just breathe, Daphne. Pretty sure having a medic for a husband is a good thing."

  'Or terrifying in this case,' I think to myself.

  Charlotte gives me a gentle hug as I get closer to her. "Text me tomorrow and let me know how you're feeling."

  I shake my head no. "You're going to be on your honeymoon, no way."

  "Hayden's gonna be calling Chris anyways, so you may as well text me directly. You know men don't ever keep the story straight."

  I do know that, but in this profession I'd hope they're able to keep medical things straight at least.

  "Let me help you get her to the truck," I over hear Hayden say to Chris as he's opening the exit door. Oliver steps in quickly telling him to go back to the party that he'll help us. 

  "Sure you don't want me to follow you?" he offers as Chris opens the door of the truck that he pulled closer to the door.

  "We'll be alright. I'll text you when I get her home and situated." Chris doesn't offer me a hand but just automatically bends down to lift me into the truck, shutting the door behind me hurriedly. 

Chris POV

  "Care to tell me what's going on yet?" Daphne asks me as I pull out of the parking lot and away from the wedding festivities.

  I know that by not telling her I'm causing her to worry, but if I tell her exactly what I fear is going on, it'll only make things worse too. I glance over to see her staring me down, her face not just filled with worry but frustration as well. 

  Taking a deep breath I choose my words wisely. "Your blood pressure is high. It could be because of your headache. Pain makes blood pressure rise. But," I pause to look in the rearview mirror, "if your sight is fuzzy, and with the amount of swelling you've been having I'm concerned there may be something more."

  I hear her own breath faltering before she speaks. "More. More like what?"

  Pushing the blinker down to turn left onto our road, I push on the gas a little more. "Have you been going to the bathroom a lot? Like normal I mean?"

  "Not exactly," she says shaking her head. "I kept feeling the urge, but not much was happening. I just assumed I wasn't drinking enough. You know I was terrified of having to go during the ceremony.

  There's another symptom. I debate turning the truck around completely and head to the hospital instead of the house. "We're gonna go in and change real quick, make a couple calls and then head to the hospital. Do you have Dr. Kallen's on call number?"

  "Tell me what the hell is going on, Chris!" she yells out as her head snaps towards me. 

  "I think you may be preeclamptic."

  "What?" she whispers.

  "I could be wrong, and you could just be dealing with high blood pressure. But, since you mentioned that about your urine output, I'd rather just be sure. So, do you have the number with you or is it at the house?" She begins fumbling through her purse, searching for her phone. I see she's shaking as she lifts it out. I put my hand out in front of her, requesting it.

  "I can do it. Just give me a second."

  I pull back, focusing on the road ahead as I reach our driveway. The tires spin out a bit as I pull onto the dirt road, again going faster than I normally would. 

  Tossing the truck in park before Daphne has begun the call I take the cell from her hand. "I'll make the call while you change."

  "You're scaring me," she mumbles, finally looking up from her hands.

  I take her hands in my own, squeezing them tightly. "I'm sorry, Daphne. I don't mean to. I just want to make sure you're alright and the only way I can do that is if we go to the hospital."  Releasing her hands I jump down from the truck and move quickly to her side, helping her out once more. 

  "I'll call the doctor while you change," I say once more. "And we can call your parents on the way." Daphne just nods as she walks slowly through the garage and into the house.

  I follow behind her into the bedroom grabbing up my shorts and t-shirt from this morning. Deciding to make the call in another room just incase the doctor mentions something that may cause her more stress. 

  I just decide to go into the nursery since it's the first room I come to. I put the call on speaker and hurriedly begin stripping down as it rings. 

  "Dr. Kallen speaking."

  "Hey, Dr. Kallen it's Chris Evans, Daphne's husband."

  "Mr. Evans, is everything alright? I'm guessing not if I'm hearing from you on a Saturday."

  "No, it's definitely not," I sigh. "Daph's BP is running around 145/95 give or take a couple. She's complaining of a headache that's affecting her sight. She's real swollen and mentioned that she's not had much urine output."

  I hear him click his tongue. "Alright. Let's get her over to the hospital. I'm gonna call the maternity ward because I don't want you going through the ER, there's no telling how long they'd make you wait. I'll send them the orders and have them call me with the results and we'll go from there."

  "Sounds good. Thanks." The call ends right as I pull my shirt over my head. I pause just at the doorway, looking back into the room willing myself to keep my own emotions in check.

  "Chris!" 

  "Daph!" I dash out of the room, running across the house when I hear Daphne call for me.