Honeymoon: Honolulu

Daphne's POV

After a full day in Honolulu, I am exhausted. We visited the Pearl Harbor Memorial, Pali Lookout and the Iolani Palace. Each place incredible and emotional for both of us for different reasons.

I learned that Chris's great, great grandfather lost his life during Pearl Harbor. All he knows of him are stories that his parents passed onto him and his siblings. We make a vow to always tell our children of his sacrifice.

Our last stop was Pali Lookout. For me it was an opportunity to take in the wonder that is God. To see such a vast expanse of the coast at once left me in awe.

As we rode back to the ship, talking about the moments throughout the day I realize then how tired I'm feeling. At this point I want to soak in a tub with some Epsom salts and maybe have Chris massage my legs and feet.

The bus drops us off back at the dock. "Apparently I forgot how long of a walk it was on the dock this morning," I say as I since looking at the trek ahead of us.

Chris moves to stand in front of me and crouches down a bit. "Hop on," he says motioning to his back with his hands.

I look at him as if he's crazy. "I will break your back," I tell him.

"Woman," he starts, "jump on me now. Let's go."

Rolling my eyes with a smile on my lips I listen to my husband and carefully jump onto his back. He holds me up seemingly easy with his arms holding up my legs while I wrap my own around his neck. I lean in closer so that I'm against his ear. "This isn't quite the way I'd like to jump you. But guess it'll have to do for now."

He meets my statement with a groan and chuckle. "I walked right into that," he says.

"Sure did, lover boy," I say pressing a kiss to his bearded cheek.

  Walking through the lobby of the ship we decide to treat ourselves to the 24 hour ice cream machine. Chris grabs a cone while I prefer a bowl.

  With our ice cream in hand we go out onto the deck just off of the restaurant and take a seat. We sit in silence, just enjoying our cold treat. However, I'm not gonna lie, I can feel myself blush as I watch Chris enjoy his ice cream cone.

  "How ya doing there Daph?" He asks as he pulls his sunglasses down just a touch to catch my line of sight.

"You and that tongue, Evans. It'll get you everywhere," I laugh out with a quirk of my brow.

  "Can it get me another night on the balcony?" He asks with a wide smirk.

  "Play your cards right and it might get you two," I say.

We sit there a little longer just enjoying the scenery and the quiet of a nearly empty boat. I turn at the sound of a nearby door opening.
"Hey guys! Fancy seeing y'all," Val says as Wayne follows her onto the deck. "Mind if we join you for a few?"

"Not at all," Chris says motioning to the chairs across from us.

We sit and talk about our excursions from today and yesterday since we didn't join the group for dinner last night.

  "You're coming tonight though, right? It's the Captain's Dinner," Val mentions. "And we could use some different company at the table."

  I give her a questioning look to urge her further in the conversation. "What do you mean?"

"Mark was at it again during dinner," Wayne said as he looks over at his wife. The balding man shakes his head. "They way they are with each other I don't understand why they took this supposed 'belated honeymoon' at all."